COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Key binding for combat?

Weird question, and I apologize if this has been asked, but is combat key controlled, and can we assign keys (i.e.- 9 key pad) in a menu?

4/6/2019 2:15:14 AM #1

I wouldn't say we've finalized our input bindings yet, but even so, I can say that for a mouse and keys player, combat is mostly a combination of wasd for movement, mouse movement for camera/look control and turning, and your left and right mouse buttons for using the weapons/items in your hands. There might be a few other keys that come into the way you play as well (the number keys above the letter keys, for example, can be used to quickly use easily accessible items in your inventory that you bind them to.), but those are the core controls.

It's definitely not a "hotbar" combat system in the Everquest or World of Warcraft sense, but is instead more of an action rpg sort of experience. It plays pretty well on the gamepad too, as a result.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
4/6/2019 3:36:54 AM #2

Okay, but if we have difficulty using certain key arrangements are we able to go into the Options menu and change the keybindings to something that works for us?

4/6/2019 4:55:43 AM #3

I am left handed, can we move the WASD keys to other ones that work better for my use? I did play EQ, WOW and find it easier to move them.

This is my circus, those are my lions, so says the flying monkey. Count in the Kingdom of Riftwood NA-W. Friend code A188BA

4/6/2019 11:43:42 AM #4

Snipe, that sounds amazing.

More like something in Mount&Blade were you have total control over your weapon.

Absolutely amazing to hear. Hope it does not change to much later.

4/6/2019 1:09:07 PM #5

Posted By Daarco at 06:43 AM - Sat Apr 06 2019

More like something in Mount&Blade were you have total control over your weapon.

No swipe motion to pick swing direction though.

4/7/2019 2:16:41 AM #6

Posted By Daarco at 04:43 AM - Sat Apr 06 2019

Well, before we go too far down that line of thinking, you may want to check out this last shiny - it may give a better impression of how the combat plays out.

• Snipehunter
4/7/2019 2:23:43 AM #7

Hey, they've planned for those that are deviant, so why wouldn't they plan for those of us that are sinister.

Three aberrations that have plagued gamers from the beginning: The Lag Monster, the Mistell Maven and the Typo-Daemon. Their actions have to led to laughter, anger and tears since the beginning of the Internet.

4/7/2019 5:00:22 AM #8

Posted By Snipehunter at 7:16 PM - Sat Apr 06 2019

Posted By Daarco at 04:43 AM - Sat Apr 06 2019

Well, before we go too far down that line of thinking, you may want to check out this last shiny - it may give a better impression of how the combat plays out.

Will we see the crosshair like the one in the shiny in-game? or is that just for the testing purpose?

Life's a Struggle when you are a Muggle.

A Wild Friend Code has appeared: F16C4D

4/7/2019 10:33:38 AM #9

I´m just so happy it is not a hotbar system (more like Mount&Blade then WoW, and i understand it is not same as Mount&Blade).

Always more interesting to "be in combat" here and now. The chracters movement and what you do witht the weapon.

Kinnda unused system in onlime games? It takes a MEOWto try something different.

4/10/2019 9:52:03 PM #10

Will there be a "fast" key swap for weapons? Going from a bow and arrow to sword and shield ?

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

9/17/2019 1:36:45 AM #11

for those who are interested, here's the thought process i had:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZHm8CVfHGbyfCIcdYwmeYeD_zcoV7WgN

sorry for the unclickable link

9/17/2019 4:35:38 AM #12

Posted By Swordwalker at 9:55 PM - Fri Apr 05 2019

I am left handed, can we move the WASD keys to other ones that work better for my use? I did play EQ, WOW and find it easier to move them.

I really like that you are thinking about this from this perspective. I hope that they'll be able to do a left handed / right handed.

Kingdom of Ashland - Duchy of Fioralba - County of Agostinei - Mayor of Absylon