COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Mermaids

Hello, I'm a very big fan of what you guys are doing. And I think it would be super cool if you guys had waterbound mermaid/male races as a choice in an environment with perhaps caves, shipwrecks, and things of the sort. Is it possible that something like this could be added as a feature in a future update?

4/6/2019 4:26:38 AM #1

Welcome.

It might be possible in the future, but they'd need to find the time and money to make a whole underwater biome, which is basically like building a second world, so it would be quite expensive.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

4/6/2019 5:28:26 AM #2

They’ve said in the past that creating an underwater environment would essentially double their workload, but I agree it would be cool.

4/21/2019 7:19:50 AM #3

Although it would be cool. I feel it is unlikely they would do this. While CoE is a fantasy world I think part of the appeal for a lot of people is the degree of realism the game has.

If they introduced other species as different as mermaids it might take away from that core concept.

Alt text - can be left blank

4/21/2019 7:43:41 AM #4

Besides they have a good 520 Elyrian years worth of story planned already so anything is possible, especially if people start.... experimenting more a century or two in.