COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[Kingdom 3/4/5] Settlement/Town of Psiedje

Hello All,

I would like to introduce myself now that Domain and Settlement Selection is upon us. I am hoping to get to know or meet some of you over the next couple months.

I would like to create my settlement/town of Psiedje in either Kingdom 3, 4, or 5 since I would like to be the Waerd or Toresk. To the best of my knowledge, this would likely be either the Kingdom of Alesia or Fortuna.

As Mayor, there are a few things I am interested in and how I would like to manage the town:

1) Create a Trust that manages community interests and a way to invest in town specific improvements or the ability for individuals who join the Trust, the ability to apply for loans, get assistance with job placement and training, provide a minimum stipend for all townsfolk, and elect a board that assists with managing political needs.

2) Have the town at a key location for Trade, Border Negotiations or Political Meetings, County Infrastructure, Lodging, Travel Craft, and Leisure.

3) In Tandem, I would also like the town to be a hub for Mapmaking and Collaborative Education.

I think my goals are pretty modest. I am not looking for any kind of positions, race, class, or professions and would like to maintain the town open to all whom are friendly to the town, its county, its duchy, and its kingdom.

I would love to hear back from anyone interested in having me within their kingdom, duchy, or county. Also any questions about myself, about the town, or how I might manage the town are welcome.

Cheers

4/9/2019 7:04:08 PM #1

It all sounds good, but unfortunately for me, I'll be locating my county in the Broad-Leaf which would reduce your chances of Waerd, but If I happen to choose a county that boarders the Waerd's shrublands I'll be in touch.

https://www.chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/29765/kheg-county

Kheg-Fourm-banner-Solaris-Confed.jpg Link to recruitment post If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

4/10/2019 11:19:53 PM #2

Greetings Psiedje! I'll be developing an agricultural county in the Duchy of Vitalis of Alesia. Waerd will most certainly be a large component of my County, and generally centered on the continent, which may tie in with your mapmaking, trade, and collaborative learning wants.

I think you're Trust idea sounds like a good fit for The Waerd. I do plan on having a solid education system, and ideally I will be located near a major trade route.

Until land is selected, I can't promise much though. How do you see your settlement's industry focus? Key features? Do you have any specific business or commercial plans beyond your settlement? What sort of players are you looking to attract to your settlement?

4/11/2019 11:58:57 AM #3

Thanks for your replies.

For industry, I would imagine it would be making use of what is available and provided by the land and immediate surroundings. For instance if there is a lot of material and clay to make pottery then that may just happen to be what we produce the most of.

Key features would be things like a Convention Center/Meeting Hall, a Hotel, a Market, a School, and Construction Yard and Manufacturing Factory for roads, bridges, and vehicles.

Not looking to attract any players in particular but would like to develop a community of trust and prosperity. Therefore would like townsfolk who are semi-serious about doing well, not hardcore, but also not laissez faire.

Thanks