COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
The Claiming of the Land

Greetings fellow Elyrians.

I myself am new to this land, coming from a far away place called "Earth". I'm unsure how I found myself in this strange new world, but I must make the best of it now. I plan to make my mark. To be remembered. I heard the recent announcement from the god's themselves about the claiming of land (the domain and settlement selection) on the kingdom level all the way down to the settlement level. I have yet to purchase any "packages" that have been offered by the god's, but I'm curious, if I purchase the "settler" package will I have an opportunity to claim some land in the upcoming event to do so?

In addition, I have another question about these packages. If I purchase a lower level tier package, can I upgrade it at a later time to a higher tier one for a reduced price?

Thank you fellow Elyrians. May the wind guide you, and your harvest be bountiful.

Sincerely, Caspian Fraujis

4/9/2019 2:06:28 PM #1

Greetings, and welcome to the CoE community. :)

Gentry packages (Bloodline, Settler, Propietor) won't play a role in the upcoming event Domain & Settlement Selection, only the nobility (Monarchs, Dukes/Duchesses, Counts/Countess) and the aristocracy (mayors) will be involved, but it doesn't stop one from later purchasing a title if they are interested in one.

You can purchase a lower tier pledge package and later upgrade it, you will just purchase the price between the packages when going to the next one.

At the end of the Domain & Settlement Selection begins April 29th, it talks a little about it:

What's Next

Once the main phase for Domain & Settlement Selection concludes on May 27, Elyria is so vast that there will definitely be properties still left unclaimed. As Caspian mentioned in the State of Elyria, there will be an opportunity for the untitled to snatch up unclaimed settlements or domains directly from the map! While the other benefits that came with the Nobility and Aristocracy Pledge Packages won't be included, such as Exposition Points or Design Experiences, the price will be discounted as a result. We expect this second phase of Domain & Settlement Selection will be every bit as exciting as the main phase promises to be! Look for details on phase two in the coming weeks.

Not all the information is hashed out yet, but one of the requirements for purchasing these titles after Domain Selection is having a Bloodline (or above) pledge package, and not owning an existing title. Pricing details and further information pending until it is ready then, though it will just be the title itself with no other game rewards attached to it (i.e sparks of life, pets, mounts, etc).

It was also discussed in the State of Elyria: The Calm Before the Storm update under "Domain & Settlement Selection for the Masses."

4/9/2019 6:04:54 PM #2

Posted By Xeyska at 10:06 AM - Tue Apr 09 2019

Greetings, and welcome to the CoE community. :)

Gentry packages (Bloodline, Settler, Propietor) won't play a role in the upcoming event Domain & Settlement Selection, only the nobility (Monarchs, Dukes/Duchesses, Counts/Countess) and the aristocracy (mayors) will be involved, but it doesn't stop one from later purchasing a title if they are interested in one.

You can purchase a lower tier pledge package and later upgrade it, you will just purchase the price between the packages when going to the next one.

At the end of the Domain & Settlement Selection begins April 29th, it talks a little about it:

What's Next

Once the main phase for Domain & Settlement Selection concludes on May 27, Elyria is so vast that there will definitely be properties still left unclaimed. As Caspian mentioned in the State of Elyria, there will be an opportunity for the untitled to snatch up unclaimed settlements or domains directly from the map! While the other benefits that came with the Nobility and Aristocracy Pledge Packages won't be included, such as Exposition Points or Design Experiences, the price will be discounted as a result. We expect this second phase of Domain & Settlement Selection will be every bit as exciting as the main phase promises to be! Look for details on phase two in the coming weeks.

Not all the information is hashed out yet, but one of the requirements for purchasing these titles after Domain Selection is having a Bloodline (or above) pledge package, and not owning an existing title. Pricing details and further information pending until it is ready then, though it will just be the title itself with no other game rewards attached to it (i.e sparks of life, pets, mounts, etc).

It was also discussed in the State of Elyria: The Calm Before the Storm update under "Domain & Settlement Selection for the Masses."

Ah, the beautiful fair dutchess of Fioralba, Xeyska. Thank you very much m'lady. Your information has served me well. If you ever need anything I am in your debt and service.

4/10/2019 3:58:27 PM #3

It has certainly been asked many times.

Yet. When can I choose a small plot with my bloodline account? Do I pay this plot with these exposure points? If so, do I have enough to buy a small field or do I need to lease or rent this field, or can I just work on a small plot without any problems with the Mayor / Baron?

Thanks a lot!

4/10/2019 4:24:21 PM #4

To my understanding, you can purchase existing buildings during exposition with the points you have, or if your pack includes a home, you select one in the settlement you choose.

As for claiming an empty plot, I would imagine these need to be purchased, either with EP during Exposition, or from Mayors and Counts in game.

The strength of the wolf is the Pack. Fight with honour.

4/10/2019 4:26:27 PM #5

Unless you have a title before D&SS starts (there is still time to get a Tale of Two Hamlets) then you'll have to wait until after D&SS and you'll have the option to buy any of the remaining titles. If you don't want to be nobility or aristocracy though, then you'll have to wait until Expo to buy land. That land will be bought via exposition points. Right now the current word is that it'll be 100 EP for an undesirable parcel of land. I have a feeling, the better a parcel is then the more EP it'll cost. If you want to have better luck getting a parcel, there is currently the Buy the Farm package in the merch store right now that gives a parcel of land. It makes no mention of undesirable and so may let you claim any unclaimed parcel once Expo starts.

4/10/2019 6:49:49 PM #6

Thank you for your fast and good answers!

The Tale of Two costs $ 275, which is just too much for me and I would like to work on something in the game.

The farm for $ 125 is unfortunately not available with my Blutline account. My friend with his Proprietor account can not buy this either.

We decided that we would buy a land use kit for 175 EP and our country for the 100 EP Expo.

Thank you!