COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
[NA-W] Event for Mayor Titles!

The Contest Brief

It’s an exciting time for Elyria with Domain and Settlement Selection around the corner, and to add to that excitement even more, the County of Cambria is opening a contest for Elyrians with NA-W as locked server and at least a Bloodline package to compete for 1 of 4 packages allowing you to become the mayor of a settlement within the County of Cambria on NA-W.

In order to apply, you must respond to the questions that follow either as a reply to this forum post or by joining the County discord server and messaging either myself (Kara Devartyr) or Lord Ælric there with your completed answers. A link to the discord will be provided below.

Required questions

Question 1: What are your personal plans for Chronicles of Elyria? What do you think you would find fun in the game? What would you like to do?

Question 2: If you became a mayor, what plans would you have for your settlement? What would its focus be?

Question 3: Why would you be a good mayor? What could you bring to the table in an environment dependent on teamwork.

Judging & End Date

Your application will be judged on the depth of thought put into each response as well as how we think your settlement would fit in to our community. If you’d like to look into what kind of a County we are or just want to say hi, I’ll post links to our forum post and discord below:

County Cambria Forum Post

County Cambria Discord

The final day you will be able to submit your responses will be May 19th by Noon PST. You will be messaged on whichever platform you submitted your response and this thread will be updated.

If you would like to get to know us, please feel free to join the County discord and strike up a conversation. We hope you have a great time thinking up your settlements!

Call me Kara.. or Whispabird ;-)

4/11/2019 1:13:08 AM #1

Good luck to all candidates! We're getting into a really exciting time as CoE nears Domain and Settlement Selection! This is a great opportunity for Gentry to snag a mayor pack!!

Sir William Ælric, 1st Earl of Treague

'Qui audet, vincit' ~ Who dares, conquers.

4/11/2019 1:13:35 AM #2

The Count of Cambria is a pretty swell dude. If you want to join a military county, I highly suggest you pick this one to settle in.

Good luck to all the entrants!

4/11/2019 6:55:39 AM #3

Always excited to see more opportunities like this pop up.

As im running a similar contest that ends prior to this one, ill be sure to leave a link to this page after mine finishes so interested parties can try their hand at both :D

4/11/2019 1:39:07 PM #4

Thanks for the support, Labbe. It is exciting to help people become more involved in CoE. Plus, contests are just fun!

Call me Kara.. or Whispabird ;-)

4/11/2019 6:48:47 PM #5

I would like to wish everyone who enters Good Luck. I am looking forward to getting to working together with the winner in the future.

Good Luck and Have fun.

4/11/2019 11:31:40 PM #6

We still have 4 Mayor Titles to give away! Keep sending your applications! We'd love to hear from you!

4/14/2019 2:01:35 AM #7

Still a couple of packages left! Apply for your chance at one!

4/24/2019 10:14:29 PM #8

There are still three packages left to be claimed! Make sure you send in your applications!

4/30/2019 7:02:10 PM #9

Question 1: What are your personal plans for Chronicles of Elyria? What do you think you would find fun in the game? What would you like to do?

My personal plans in Chronicles of Elyria is to have a settlement that will support whatever the county needs. I would find it fun to be in a more social role: welcoming new players, and offering assistance. I would also love to sit on the county's council and advise/support the count as well. In terms of skills of my interest: I'm interested in the reputation system and the skills around it.

Question 2: If you became a mayor, what plans would you have for your settlement? What would its focus be?

I will defend this on DSS. Whatever resources I end up with, I will continue to strive in the businesses that are already created. I will want players to strive in what they feel more confident in, and what the settlement can offer. I would be open in taking advice from the count in what needs they desire from my selected settlement. Hosting social events seems to be most interesting to me, so I will make sure that my players have fun and provide the opportunity for a meaningful experience in my settlement.

Question 3: Why would you be a good mayor? What could you bring to the table in an environment dependent on teamwork.

What would make me a good Mayor is how open and flexible I am. I will provide fun and engagement to my players and bring my real life skills (management, graphic design, etc) to the county to not only provide good mayorship, but to be a strong asset to all of the realms.

But my main concern is for my players to enjoy themselves and be engaged.