COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Janoa Weaponry

I was looking for information on the style and composition of Janoa weaponry, but I couldnt find much info.

So Ive got a few questions: What are the common materials used in Janoa weaponry? (Bone, obsidian, etc)

Are there materials that are exclided entirely from their weapons? (Steel?)

What methods are used to create Janoa weaponry?

Do they have innate skill in crafting/utilising any particular type of weapon?

Are there any noteable legendary or mythic Janoa weapons?

Its said they utilise poison extensively, what types of poison are common?

If any of these have already been answered somewhere in the wiki or forums, I apologise. But answers would be greatly appreciated please.

4/12/2019 8:36:25 AM #1

I don't think we legitimately know any of this yet.

We know they are very tribal, so yes, bone/wood will be the basis of crafting early on. However, as technology progresses things will change. Steel "could" be used later. It'll be dependant on the resources of the biome.

Your last 3 questions we have zero clue. Haven't really been given any more info as far as i'm aware.

4/12/2019 9:00:28 AM #2

We do not have fresh information about Janoan weapons yet..

4/12/2019 12:21:32 PM #3

I assume that bones are not equal to bones. We will see how this is to be understood.

Anyway, those will be resources that can be eradicated. The protection of these resources should be respected by nobles.

This is one of the guidelines that my characters adhere to and support nobles to preserve. Yes, I would support foreign rule to prevent extermination.

4/12/2019 2:13:40 PM #4

For Visuals:

Fanart here has an interesting take on potential Janoa tribal primary weapon.

The only item explored publicly to-date by the studio is the shield-spear used by the Janoa: Compendium here

Imgur

4/12/2019 5:43:48 PM #5

All tribes will use materials that make sense to their situation.

Bones and stones make sense in the rainforest, iron probably not so much, because it would rust quickly.

I guess they could use it, but it would be less practical.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

4/12/2019 7:00:25 PM #6

Okay, thanks for the info everyone. Excited for when the tean releases more info!

4/22/2019 10:05:41 PM #7

Although Bones are the early weapon used by the Janoa, advanced weapons must be developed. When the European sailors sailed to African, the Africans were overwhelmed easily with steel swords vs Bone style weapons and skin type shields. No nation survives lest it advances its ability to defend itself from outsiders.
Canoes can not turn back an invasion of Bireme, Clipper or Cutter type ships. Good thread.

Teeal Friend Code: 2322B8