COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Count question

Hello!

My friend is a count and I am a mayor. He is wondering if he can govern his town and still live in mine or does he have to deligate his town to someone else's to join mine?

Dragonviir of Dragons Keep

Kingdom of Vornair

"Forged by Fire"

4/12/2019 4:55:04 PM #1

Your friend has to spend at least 2 hours a week, I think the official number of hours is governing his county, after that he can be anywhere he wants. You guys could have 2 separate towns but he live with you. You are not forced to combine settlements if you do not want to.

4/12/2019 4:55:06 PM #2

A count is always also a mayor, while he can delegate the running of his town to another that town will remain the capital of the county afaik.

i.e. where the management tables are

Coming Soon(tm)

4/12/2019 6:14:18 PM #3

Both of you are mayors of towns, but your friend is also the ruler of a county. Why not both select towns in the same county during D&SS? That way you are both near each other and can easily move back and forth.

Speak 'Friend' and enter: C38E5E

4/12/2019 7:31:13 PM #4

What Deftly is referring to is the expected amount of time SbS estimates it will take a count to manage their county and settlement per week. Found here

In addition to managing your county, which you should expect to take between 2-4 hours per week, you should expect to spend another 2-6 hours per week managing your individual settlement.

They could live most of the time in your settlement as long as they swung by theirs to govern regularly or had someone there that could pick up some of the slack in their absence.

The biggest worry they should have (imo) is if they are absent for 28 real life days their properties there will start being considered abandoned and possibly subject to adverse possession. If that isn't a real concern they should be able to make it work :D

4/12/2019 7:40:36 PM #5

I have another count question if someone can help me. To my understanding everyone is making pledges to kingdoms before hand...I've pledged to my friend who is a count I guess but he hasnt pledged to anyone. We are specifically looking to go in the taiga region in kingdom 1 (Luna). My question is, should he pledge to someone now or wait until we know what kingdom is in that region?

Kingdom of Vornair

"Forged by Fire"

4/12/2019 7:46:11 PM #6

If the region is what is most important he should simply wait and pick the county that they want the most.

They being said, I think Luna in particular might have the least shakeups during D&SS, and I believe it's a generally agreed upon fact that the kingdom of Vornair will have k1 and k2, as well as they have generally agreed upon locations for their dukes (although some people could always snipe some and shake things up)

So if you wanted to look around and get to know the community a bit more, looking at some duchies that intend to be in Vornair would be a good way for your Count friend to start searching.

4/12/2019 7:48:32 PM #7

Can anyone provide a link to where I can learn about the kingdoms?

Kingdom of Vornair

"Forged by Fire"

4/12/2019 7:51:18 PM #8

The kingdoms for Luna are stickied in the Luna Domains section of the forums. So if you follow that link you can find their forum pages at the top :D

4/12/2019 7:52:50 PM #9

I’d say it’s certainly best to start talking with the community. Last thing you’d want to do is snipe a county that the Duke earmarked for their friend. Nothing worse then pissing over of the person above you.

4/12/2019 7:53:07 PM #10

Posted By Makaize at 8:48 PM - Fri Apr 12 2019

Can anyone provide a link to where I can learn about the kingdoms?

For Luna

Coming Soon(tm)

4/12/2019 8:44:06 PM #11

Thank you guys! :)

Kingdom of Vornair

"Forged by Fire"