COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Brudvir

So let's clarify decisively: Are Brudvir going to have any disadvantages of being in hot/dry biomes? Or is their only weakness is poison-alcohol sensitivity?

4/12/2019 7:48:39 PM #1

No weaknesses, as I understand it (outside of poison-alcohol sensitivity, as you mentioned). Perhaps some in-game microagressions from Kypiqs, but little else ;-)

The rumored "survivability" mechanic/weakness was never mentioned by the devs (AFAIK, no one knows where that rumor came from), and besides, it runs counter to them being proficient adventurers down south. So I doubt it was ever planned for the game.

The Brudvir Countess Mysi Karuna, of Wainswey County is devoted to woodworking and trading in Elyria. Settled in the interior of Ravencrest Duchy in Aranor, NA-W. https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/611425821038477312/624003537826742282/Wainswey_County-banner-3.png

4/13/2019 3:09:38 AM #2

All tribes will have some difficulty outside their native biomes, but the Brudvir do not have any specific disadvantages relating to this issue which the other tribes do not have. It's my understanding that any tribe can acclimate to almost any other biome given enough time spent in that biome.

4/13/2019 4:17:04 AM #3

Several races have debuffs in climates outside their native regions. However, despite their cold resistance, Brudvir are not mentioned as having a debuff in arid, humid, or hot climates.

They have two unrelated debuffs proposed so far--vulnerability to poison and stuns. [Edit: "Glass Jaw" - suceptibility to stuns - seems to have been moved to Kypiq.] Both seem odd for Brudvir imho. A climate debuff in exchange for their buffed resistance makes more sense.

The answer to your question is--so far, no.

Map H --because one word "Nessie." Do you want an inland sea? Well, do ya?

4/21/2019 12:43:45 AM #4

Every tribe is gonna have weakness outside their native biomes except Neran maybe, and as for the Brudvir survivability on the Wiki (I was the one who changed it based on Caspians comment on discord).

Check my original comment on the post about that https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30852/brudvir-penaltie-survivability?page=2#post341833.

Life's a Struggle when you are a Muggle.

A Wild Friend Code has appeared: F16C4D

4/21/2019 1:05:34 AM #5

Posted By Mysi Karuna at 12:48 PM - Fri Apr 12 2019

No weaknesses, as I understand it (outside of poison-alcohol sensitivity, as you mentioned). Perhaps some in-game microagressions from Kypiqs, but little else ;-)

The rumored "survivability" mechanic/weakness was never mentioned by the devs (AFAIK, no one knows where that rumor came from), and besides, it runs counter to them being proficient adventurers down south. So I doubt it was ever planned for the game.

"it runs counter to them being proficient adventurers down south. So I doubt it was ever planned for the game." how I interpret the going down south as a bounty hunter was like going down to Lower Montane Steppe or K3 (on NA-W) at most. I don't see Brudvir roaming around in deserts or tropical regions.

4/21/2019 1:09:53 AM #6

I can see Brudvir seafarers setting up colonies in southerly coastal areas. The coastal areas might tend to be a little cooler than the interiors.

4/21/2019 1:14:26 AM #7

By southerly coastal areas, do you mean like the tropical regions? if so, don't you think that would put Brudvir at a disadvantage against other tribes like Janoa?

4/21/2019 1:35:54 AM #8

Posted By DeepDashing at 6:14 PM - Sat Apr 20 2019

By southerly coastal areas, do you mean like the tropical regions? if so, don't you think that would put Brudvir at a disadvantage against other tribes like Janoa?

I do mean to include tropical areas. Brudvir would be at a disadvantage one-to-one versus the Janoa, but may be able to mitigate the disadvantage in various ways. Mutually beneficial trade is always a great way to mitigate a combat disadvantage. If the local Brudvir have something that the local Janoa want more than Brudvir trophies, then some Brudvir may put up with the discomfort long enough acclimated.

Of course, it goes without saying that either the location or the local Janoa would have to have something of worth to the local Brudvir to motivate them to be in that location to begin with. Tropical hardwoods, perhaps?