COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Ability to Take Prisoners

Hey all, not sure if I've missed this in the forums (if so please link it) but have they talked about how prisoners can or will be taken? Will there be a way to tie people up instead of killing them and taking them back to your base/home/prison?
Possibly poisoning them with a tranquilizer poison then taking them? or doing the same to NPC's? I saw the NPC prisoner posts.
There could be many uses for this, ritual, ransom, getting information, testing spells and poisons, valuable locations, public executions.

and do prisoners HAVE to commit crimes? Could people just be 'taken'

4/18/2019 11:47:17 PM #1

4/18/2019 11:50:33 PM #2

Only in the context of bounty hunting. If a crime is committed and a bounty token is awarded, a criminal can be subdued for a limited amount of time to be brought to justice. Beyond that, I don't believe it is possible, short of trapping someone in a room or something.

I don't know if exact details exist on how this will actually be implemented, or for that matter, to what extent we can expect a future as-yet-uncreated system to function how they have described it.

p.s. This also happens to be Vucar's absolute favorite subject. So you're in luck! :)

4/18/2019 11:57:05 PM #3

Haha, I've seen Vucar's posts on such things. I don't believe Ark did it right at all (not that they ended up doing much right) but I think being able to take people for a certain amount of time would be interesting. I mean I feel the person could just end up starving themselves to death and with how the respawn will work it would let them spawn close but far enough away to start again or get back to their base/home/safe area.
Prisons are one thing but catching a person out in the exploration areas and using them for rituals and other crazy things would be good. Plus I really like the idea of public executions for criminals and for conquered or failed Royalty.

Plus i know this has been discussed in a way but I'm more interested on the 'how' of taking someone than anything. ARMA mods had ways of handcuffing people.

I mean... parading someone who is Royalty that was captured or a criminal then having the kingdom be able to throw things at them... demoralizing and wonderful.

and you can Vucar... you can. I... urge you...

4/19/2019 2:24:35 AM #4

Posted By Vashric at

Hey all, not sure if I've missed this in the forums (if so please link it) but have they talked about how prisoners can or will be taken? Will there be a way to tie people up instead of killing them and taking them back to your base/home/prison?
Possibly poisoning them with a tranquilizer poison then taking them? or doing the same to NPC's? I saw the NPC prisoner posts.
There could be many uses for this, ritual, ransom, getting information, testing spells and poisons, valuable locations, public executions.

and do prisoners HAVE to commit crimes? Could people just be 'taken'

They've been pretty clear up to now, no prisoners outside of temporary prisoners that are being transported towards a court for trial.