COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Upgrading Mules, Horses, etc.

Will we be able to upgrade the Mules, Horses, Purebred Horses, Wagons, etc we get from our packages to a better quality or will we have to buy better version if we want better quality?

Thanks in Advance.

Server: NA-E(Bordweall->Tenebrae->Stenskjold Hold) - Profession: Miner/Metal Smith - Friend Code: 10831A

4/19/2019 7:26:18 PM #1

You can't upgrade a horse like it is an item like in current mmos. You can most likely give it the top feed and take care of it so it works at it's highest proficiency.

The closest I can see to an "upgrade" in terms of animals is if you breed your horse with a better one, to get stronger offspring.

For the wagons, I'm not sure if we will be able to take parts off and replace them. If we can replace parts on wagons( not just repair current parts) then when crafters get skilled we could upgrade wagons for sure.

4/20/2019 1:32:13 AM #2

We may be able to choose biome-appropriate beasts of burdens in place of those we have dibs on via pre-game purchases. These will not really be upgrades, but equal-level substitutions.

4/20/2019 5:49:19 AM #3

I don’t know what you mean with “upgrade”, but through careful breeding you could get animals that are more suited for a specific tasks, or have a better “quality” overall.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

4/20/2019 9:21:36 AM #4

I think what the OP may be alluding to is if it will be possible to part-ex before Exposition starts and use EP to ‘upgrade’.

A fair question I think.

I will be playing on Selene (EU) Server
4/20/2019 5:44:56 PM #5

Posted By FoolUnknowing at 05:21 AM - Sat Apr 20 2019

I think what the OP may be alluding to is if it will be possible to part-ex before Exposition starts and use EP to ‘upgrade’.

A fair question I think.

Yes, I was trying to say if it was possible to upgrade using EP the items that came bundle with our packages.

Server: NA-E(Bordweall->Tenebrae->Stenskjold Hold) - Profession: Miner/Metal Smith - Friend Code: 10831A

4/20/2019 8:23:42 PM #6

I don't think I have ever heard the studio mention anything about "upgrading" items from pledge packages. So it's doubtful.

But Expo is a long way away.

4/24/2019 12:49:45 PM #7

Don't know about upgrades for mounts but it would be nice if they let us sell them back for EP or even to other players for something in return during expo.

Don't see my Kypiq having much use for a Pure Bred Stallion LOL

4/24/2019 12:58:07 PM #8

Seeing as the net gain from bundling and then returning a mayor title is only 50 EP, I would not expect much for your old nag.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

4/24/2019 12:58:17 PM #9

Hmm, it doesn't say what breed of pure bred stallion though... perhaps Kypiq will get a purebred miniature stallion :)

Posted By Emperor Spriggan at 1:49 PM - Wed Apr 24 2019

Don't know about upgrades for mounts but it would be nice if they let us sell them back for EP or even to other players for something in return during expo.

Baron | Archer | Bowyer

• Barony of Westengarde
  • County of Audran
  • Duchy of Tyr Nansur
  • Kingdom of Al’Khezam
  • Member of The Red Hare
4/24/2019 3:02:42 PM #10

Posted By Ezicc at 05:58 AM - Wed Apr 24 2019

Hmm, it doesn't say what breed of pure bred stallion though... perhaps Kypiq will get a purebred miniature stallion :)

Posted By Emperor Spriggan at 1:49 PM - Wed Apr 24 2019

The whole idea that any of us have much use for a Pure Bred Stallion is rather wrong. Except for horse racing, mares are almost always better. Even in horse racing, except at the highest level, a gelding is better.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands