COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
knowing who killed you

I was wondering how this would work in game in your opinions. You are coming back into town. Another player runs up and tries to kill you. You kill them. They could see your real name and know who you are since you are not hiding it. Couldn't they just respawn back into the world and say it was you who killed them, and make it sound as if you were the one who attacked them? How would you prove your innocence? Let's say they did kill you, and you know it was them and not someone else in a disguise. Couldn't the ruler go take the dead players testimony as evidence and punish the killer without any real in-game evidence?

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

4/22/2019 1:48:07 PM #1

There is supposed to be ways to find clues and evidence of a crime with the use of the right skills.

But i would also think your reputation and standing with other people may effect the testimo.

I mean, if you are known as a friendly helpful crafter, and the other one as a violent distrustful murderer....maybe the punishment will come very swift without to much effort in the trials?

4/22/2019 1:58:17 PM #2

One quick thing about names, you can't display your name. Someone has to know you to see it. If they person never heard of you, they won't see anything. Just wanted to add that but let's say he knows you and can see your name. It depends on what you mean by "killed" If you get someone vitality to 0 you just knock them out, you should have enough time to go to town and report what happens but if you mean CDG, like you KO'd them and then hit them with a finishing blow then you could be in trouble regardless. Killing someone defenseless could be seen as a crime.

Let's say you KO him and don't CDG but you don't go to town and report it. If the attacker wakes up and goes to town to report you someone would have to investigate the crime scene to see if they could read clues to find out the truth.

4/22/2019 1:58:48 PM #3

It's going to be interesting to see how many fall victim to the same fate as the Salem Witches.

"Her Whites are Whiter then mine!" "Oh yeah she's a witch. Burn Her!"

Watching criminals fail at disguise or assassinations is going to be fun, but when it does work is going to create a who new layer of fun. unless you're the actual victim.

4/22/2019 2:03:21 PM #4

I see a lot of that going around. I'm going to study deep into the forensic skill tree so I can read clues. I could see if slowing down if there is a harsh penalty for false reports.

4/22/2019 3:20:22 PM #5

Posted By Deftly at 08:58 AM - Mon Apr 22 2019

One quick thing about names, you can't display your name. Someone has to know you to see it. If they person never heard of you, they won't see anything. Just wanted to add that but let's say he knows you and can see your name. It depends on what you mean by "killed" If you get someone vitality to 0 you just knock them out, you should have enough time to go to town and report what happens but if you mean CDG, like you KO'd them and then hit them with a finishing blow then you could be in trouble regardless. Killing someone defenseless could be seen as a crime.

Let's say you KO him and don't CDG but you don't go to town and report it. If the attacker wakes up and goes to town to report you someone would have to investigate the crime scene to see if they could read clues to find out the truth.

You are absolutely right. I had forgotten about that aspect of the game about the names not showing up unless you have gotten to know them. I did mean that they kill you. CDG.

4/22/2019 4:00:12 PM #6

Posted By PhKnight at 11:20 AM - Mon Apr 22 2019

Posted By Deftly at 08:58 AM - Mon Apr 22 2019

You are absolutely right. I had forgotten about that aspect of the game about the names not showing up unless you have gotten to know them. I did mean that they kill you. CDG.

If they killed you then it would depend on two things. If you character saw it or not. If you character saw the killer then a lot of clues would drop and a lower forensic skill would be needed to verify your claim. If you never saw it coming in game then a lot less clues would drop and someone will very high forensic skills would be needed to verify your claim.

Interrogation is suppose to be a part of the forensic skill tree, but how that works has not been not been explained to us as of yet.