COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[OCE] Legendary Tavern Contest

Free Mann Legendary Tavern to a winner on the Oceanus Server (OCE)

From our Family to Yours Contest Summary

Our goal is to provide an opportunity for our fellow players on Oceanus to obtain the deed to the Legendary Tavern, The Free Mann, located in the Northern Grasslands Duchy of Kingdom 3. Additionally, we aimed to make a contest with as low of a barrier of entry as possible. This is a contest of ideas rather than one of art or writing; you or your group should be able to submit regardless of your skillset. 😊

Winner

Congratulations to Alpha_Omega on winning the tavern with their stunning entry!

Message from the Winner:

Thank you very much for the generous opportunity! First nights tankards on the house!

Timeline

Time of Posting – May 4th @ 12:00 pm ACT [UTC+10] Entry Submission Period

UPDATE Entry Submission is closed. It's currently the judging period.

May 10th Winner Declaration

UPDATE Winner Declared

Eligibility

Owning and running a tavern is not a task everyone takes up alone, so both groups and individuals may create a submission. There is a limit of one entry per account. The person receiving the deed to the Free Mann Tavern must meet a few requirements:

• Account must have a package of Bloodline or higher
  • Account must be locked into the Oceanus Server (OCE)
  • Account must be at least 40 days old
  • Account must be in good-standing

How to Enter

1. This should be apparent, but read through the Submission Guidelines and Judging Criteria to understand what we as judges are looking for.

2. Check to make sure your account is bound to the Oceanus (OCE) Server. (See FAQ if unsure how)

3. Draft your plans and ideas for the Free Mann Tavern either alone or with a group.

4. Double-check and make sure the format chosen conforms to guidelines, and add any finishing touches. You may need to upload files to a hosting site.

5. Send your entry to [email protected].

Submission Guidelines

The submission should be a business plan at its core. The intent of this format is for the contestant to communicate their ideas for what should be done with the tavern and how they might accomplish it. The last question of the FAQ in the second post may help if you don’t know what a business plan is.

What we do require is for the main part of the submission to be a text explanation of the contestants plans for the Free Mann tavern. A text document of some variety is preferred. Only send the bare text within the submission email itself if there is no other option available to you.

The presentation of this business plan is left to the submitter to allow those with special skills to show their strengths. To this end, additional information and documents can be submitted in conjunction to the business plan. We will accept lore, graphics, and other depictions. If your true strength is in PowerPoints or photo collages, go for it.

Important Note! Submission can include:

• (Required) A business plan

Format: Text Document (.txt / .rtf / .odt / .docx) or Online Document (GoogleDocs / Word Online).

• (Required) Alias (Forum Username)

• (Optional) Additional Lore, Graphics, Depictions

Read the last paragraph of the description above, or ask in this thread, if you need clarification.

Submission cannot:

• Contain NSFW or NDA-protected or otherwise exclusive information
  • Violate Chronicles of Elyria User Content Creation or Brand guidelines, Code of Conduct, or Terms of Use
  • Enter past the listed deadline

Information to Include when Submitting

Individual Submission

1. Alias (Forum username):
  2. Special Message if you win:
  3. Any important notes about the submission:
  4. Attach all files.

Group Submission

1. Group Name (Optional):
  2. Group Members:
  3. Alias (Forum Username) of the Account to receive the Tavern:
  4. Group Specialization (Optional):
  5. Special Message if your group wins:
  6. Any important notes about the submission:
  7. Attach all files.

Examples of what we are looking for in the business plan, Optional:

• Entertainment that might be displayed
  • Day-to-Day Activities a visitor might experience
  • Types of business relationships the owner might want to develop
  • Plans to secure and protect the tavern
  • How the tavern will stay in stock and manage spoilage
  • Plans to mitigate theft
  • Ways supply lines might be adapted based on need
  • Utilization of the taverns Private rooms and other amenities
  • Promoting the reputation or notoriety of the Tavern
  • Programs to attract and maintain visitors
  • Overall outline of potential income streams

Judges

This contest will have a panel of judges from NA-W to give every submission the attention it deserves. The judges are:

• Plume
  • Polaris
  • Pteroguin

Judging Criteria

Contests may elaborate on these details within the submission. The bold lettering is what we are looking for, while the explanation included are examples of what we look for within that criterion.

1. Viability

Is this plan realistic and cohesive? Is it achievable within Elyria? Is there a Plan B?

2. Creativity

Is this plan unique? Does it have a “wow factor” that distinguishes it from other ideas?

3. Ambition

Does this plan have long range goals? Does the plan describe how to accomplish them?

4. Priority

Does this person or group have the time, passion, and commitment to run and care for the tavern?

Judging Process (Blind Contest)

1. The submissions are reviewed by Soulbound Studios (SBS) who run the usernames through a pre-screening process and then masks the names on the submissions, before passing the qualified entries to the judges.

2. Each judge will read through every entry on their own.

3. The judges will then individually select submissions that fulfill each of the four criteria best, as well as a fifth entry that they personally feel touches upon every criterion. This step will instead be done as a group if there are five or less total entries submitted.

4. The judging panel will meet to compare their choices and decide upon a final winner, then notify SBS to coordinate and unveil the final winner.

Thanks for taking your time to read this thread, and I hope you are excited as we are to find out the owner of the deed to The Free Mann Legendary Tavern (OCE)!

Special thanks to Soulbound Studios who made this contest possible. Also, a big thanks to Hellmoon, Polaris, and Serpentius for the time you each invested helping Pteroguin and myself make this gift to Oceanus a reality. <3

5/4/2019 2:55:23 AM #31

Posted By Omicronus at 06:11 AM - Tue Apr 30 2019

Thanks Miss Plume again and to Pteroguin for this contest.

Appreciate all the work put into this! <3

May the best mann or womann win!

Your potential support for the winner means a lot for us. <3 (I would have answered sooner, but am trying to not shamelessly bump my own thread unless I have something relevant to say!!)

Posted By Nightfinger at 12:05 PM - Fri May 03 2019

6 hours till deadline!

—>Click me to view the Countdown Timer<—

Thank you <3 <3 <3

Entry submission is closed. Come back on the 10th to find out the winner!

The submissions look extremely well made and we will have a hard time making our final decision! Thanks to everyone who has been following this contest or entered!

I'll try to announce it sometime on the 9th in my time to address conflicting time zones. :3

Update

We know the winner and are super excited for the announcement. However, it looks like we will be sending out the prize on the 10th in Pacific time. See you tomorrow. <3

I'll be posting both a new post and updating the OP as well as announcing it on discord.

5/9/2019 12:41:03 PM #32

Winner of the Tavern announced tomorrow! Good luck to everyone who submitted entries and thanks again to Pteroguin, MissPlume & Polaris❤️ for supporting our little corner of Elyria!

5/10/2019 9:54:22 PM #33

Winner Announcement

From our Family to Yours

The amount of work and effort put into the entries absolutely astounded us. Each business plan had a strong and unique perspective on which direction to take the tavern. We had everything from realistic cold storage solutions (Implement this SBS!) in a very well organized business plan focusing on the basics, to a very ambitious step-by-step goal building the tavern up into a self-sufficient organization, to a creative lore-based project to give some love and support to a tribe that has less attention on the Oceanus server.

Our winner was an 18 page masterpiece chock full of ideas built off of not only The Free Mann tavern, but the nearby locations as well. Congratulations to @Alpha_Omega! You impressed us with the way you gathered a team to support the tavern within a week. Your ideas were explored down to the smallest details. It's very obvious that you haven't just planned this, but have already started working towards the end result. The document itself took the common business plan and then pulled it into the context of Elyria, interspersing intriguing bits of lore and market research. We can't speak much on the heights you are planning to bring the tavern to, but your success is now that much closer.

Winner(s):

• Alpha_Omega

Message from the winner(s):

Thank you very much for the generous opportunity! First nights tankards on the house!

Added Note from the Judges: This contest was a very close fight that had well-made entries with strong ideas and a lot of work backing them up. We recognize that each participant has the potential to create some amazing content for Chronicles of Elyria and the Oceanus Server. Each of the judges chose a submission they individually liked as a Judge’s Pick. There is only one winner and one prize, but we are gifting these three contestants $100 in CoE gift cards. May the dreams of all of the participants come true even if they no longer include The Free Mann. <3

5/10/2019 10:06:04 PM #34

@Alpha_Omega I want to read that.

Barony of Kern’s gate

5/11/2019 12:48:21 AM #35

Congrats Alpha_Omega!

5/13/2019 7:23:06 AM #36

Congrats Alpha Omega

5/15/2019 8:41:53 PM #37

Just wanted to say thank you to Pteroguin and Plume for asking me to be a part of this contest. It's been a great experience and congratulations to Alpha_Omega!

5/16/2019 6:40:45 AM #38

Posted By Taradyn at 12:41 PM - Wed May 15 2019

Just wanted to say thank you to Pteroguin and Plume for asking me to be a part of this contest. It's been a great experience and congratulations to Alpha_Omega!

Thank you for being one of our Judges. We really wanted a third party outside of our own community to help us keep things as impartial as possible. We were so honored you accepted Pol. <3

5/16/2019 9:02:30 AM #39

It was a ton of fun writing a short story to tie the tavern into the wider concept I have planned - hoped you enjoyed it!

And amazing generosity to provide the runner-up prizes as well, simply stunning. Congrats Alpha_Omega, I look forward to seeing your concept active and running in game!

Link to my story

5/17/2019 2:02:50 AM #40

Posted By Lady Grace at 01:02 AM - Thu May 16 2019

It was a ton of fun writing a short story to tie the tavern into the wider concept I have planned - hoped you enjoyed it!

And amazing generosity to provide the runner-up prizes as well, simply stunning. Congrats Alpha_Omega, I look forward to seeing your concept active and running in game!

Very much so! I hope the store credit helps you still achieve those dreams <3