COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Mayor to Baron

I can't seem to find instructions on how one goes from a mayor to baron status? I know I have to swear to a duke/duchess but after that how do I apply/change?

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

5/1/2019 4:26:10 PM #1

You need to sign a contract with your duke once you get in game. Until that point, you remain a mayor.

5/1/2019 4:27:20 PM #2

It's an in-game mechanic where you create a contract with a duke where the baron swears fealty to the duke and the duke starts paying funds to the baron to uphold military and defenses. Currently what you can do is to find a duke who is looking for barons and then place you settlement in a strategically meaningful location within that duchy during Domain and Settlement Selection. The actual change to baron will be done in-game through contracts unless SbS decides to release somekind of feature for that on the website.

5/1/2019 4:36:41 PM #3

OK. Thanks for the info all!

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

5/1/2019 6:57:25 PM #4

Although the above is my understanding, I also thought, during DSS that the type of settlement chosen would have an effect as well. either a town/hamlet etc for Mayor, Stronghold for Baron? That may have changed though

Baron | Archer | Bowyer

• Barony of Westengarde
  • County of Audran
  • Duchy of Tyr Nansur
  • Kingdom of Al’Khezam
  • Member of The Red Hare
5/1/2019 7:13:12 PM #5

The settlement just changes when you have the baron title...still either a hamlet, village, town, city, or capital, it just gets a different "status" when you become baron.

5/1/2019 11:43:19 PM #6

Posted By Stelaphina at 2:13 PM - Wed May 01 2019

The settlement just changes when you have the baron title...still either a hamlet, village, town, city, or capital, it just gets a different "status" when you become baron.

That's not true, there are definitely some more militaristic settlements on the map, but anyone can choose them.

Choosing a stronghold won't automatically make you a baron, and choosing a settlement won't automatically disqualify you from becoming one. Of course, the better your location, the more valuable you will be as a baron, so the more likely you'll be able to get a contract.

Signing a contract with a duke also won't magically turn your city into a walled city on a hill if it wasn't already a walled city on a hill to begin with.

The ONLY difference between a mayor and a baron is an in game contract between the mayor and a duke. That's it.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

5/2/2019 12:01:44 AM #7

Posted By mickdude2 at 5:26 PM - Wed May 01 2019

You need to sign a contract with your duke once you get in game. Until that point, you remain a mayor.

Or have the KS baron package, sure mine says baron...