COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
Website bug?

Differing appearance if entered through Discord, versus if entered from entering in the website URL

The site comes up as a different appearance, if entered into from an external link. Such as from the Official Updates channel on Discord, they show up as the following.

https://gyazo.com/3351d0abe8ec0dfdacd401179f6584cf

Which while it resembles the main site itself, it has differences such as the lack of a like or dislike button for posts and topics, with only a "Reply" button available, the overall design of the pages are much slimmer as well by going this route.

The regular viewing experience, is the following..

https://gyazo.com/caa54cb6513927f3006c7029c4a52b64

Which has much wider posts, and also the "Like", "Dislike", and "Quote" buttons below the posts/topics.

From what I can tell, I'm able to recreate it over and over by clicking any of the links in the update channel on Discord.

I am using Chrome currently, I have not tried recreating it through Firefox, or other browsers.

While using my phone, it does the same thing. It's possible that this was something that was designed for mobile and happened to make it's way into the desktop viewing.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

5/8/2019 7:27:52 PM #1

I'm not quite sure this is a bug so much as 2 different views of the same topic.

One view you can see by navigating to the page through the forums the other you can see by navigating from the news page. Located immediately under the forum subheader in the Community drop down list.

5/8/2019 7:47:57 PM #2

One is the news page and the other is the forum page.

I don't know anymore.

5/8/2019 11:42:14 PM #3

Posted By Labbe at 3:27 PM - Wed May 08 2019

I'm not quite sure this is a bug so much as 2 different views of the same topic.

They are one in the same however, I shouldn't be able to get 2 different views for a thread that is in the same category. It's the same thread, just opens differently if clicked through the 3rd party application.

I suppose it could just be every time a new, "news" thread comes up, it some how copies every reply, and is just a copy of one another.

A bit sloppy in my opinion. It threw me off, as it could easily be merged to one. I'm sure there are also better ways to organize the threads, so that this type of thing doesn't happen. It would just make the site look better overall.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

5/9/2019 5:17:17 AM #4

Thanks for the feedback!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."