COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Limited resources meaning

Hey guys, i was wrapping idea of limited world resources in my head and came to interesting version what we can expect from game. As was said before by developers, our world is expandable so cutting forest down should have some impact. And to avoid lack of lumber we possibly will have to plant new trees.

What your ideas regarding this topic guys?

5/9/2019 6:58:48 AM #1

Planting new trees, breeding animals, growing plants, recycling equipment, etc is planned to be in the game.

5/9/2019 8:10:27 AM #2

They have said if you want to avoid deforestation and mass extinction of animals, you'll have to protect your resources.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

5/9/2019 9:06:23 AM #3

Not all resources will be renewable; such as ore, metals & minerals.

I will be playing on Selene (EU) Server
5/9/2019 9:26:55 AM #4

Means that where shouldn't be overload of crafted items on market which means specific crafting idea.

5/9/2019 9:32:02 AM #5

Im expecting that skill will define a mastery of crafting in place of mare count of crafting performed like in rest mmo.

5/28/2019 12:11:54 AM #6

So if ore and metals have a limit does that mean 3 years down the road you will not be able to mine any more?

5/28/2019 12:26:46 AM #7

not by my understanding of how it will be

i believe that it will be more akin to how we have finite resources on earth in r/l and we have been mining ores, gems, minerals etc for thousands of years

so i perceive it to be more that there will be rich deposits and meager deposits and regardless, once they are depleted that's it for that deposit - will need to use another mine etc

the main distinction in my mind being that there aren't going to be renewable resource nodes where you mine it all out,and wait 20-30 minutes for the resource to respawn so you can harvest it again

and yes, resource management is going to be a thing

also keep in mind that many of us are pre programmed for the whole iron, lumber, coal etc setup - many of the tribes might not have some of these things in abundance, and have come up with ingenuous ways to use the local resources that are at their disposal

5/31/2019 3:03:59 PM #8

One thing to keep in mind is the scale of the world itself. It's not a small place to live by any means.

They do not want it to be like WoW where the ore veins respawn in the same location after 10 minutes after someone mined it.

For all you know there could be thousands of ore veins all around you, but getting access to them is the hard part. Since you neither know where they are or how to mine one.

But yes, once an ore mine is tapped it's dead. If it's a tunneled out mine I hope monster come and live in it.

The idea is that after 5 years of game play ore is being recycled, explorers are out in the world looking for new mines and maybe new places for settlements to mine it, towns are either at war for resources or have trade routes to buy and sell them, and best of all it's all on the players to take those finite resources and put them to use in the best possible fun way.

5 years from now a Master blacksmith could take a couple old worn out swords he made 5 years ago and make a new high quality sword.

Yes resources are finite, but with recycling, and who knows an earthquake opening a new ore vein, I wouldn't worry too much about resources still being in the game 5 years from now. It just evolves as things progress.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

5/31/2019 3:30:41 PM #9

Even if there is really no losses when recycling, we may have a few sinks.

If you loose a huge cargo of ore in deep sea, I doubt you'll be able to recover it. And players will loose or voluntary drop objects made of finite resources in the world. Usually, in games, when it happens, your objects disappear after a few minutes/hours, just to free some memory space. Can we really have a server that keeps track of all of them? Can I find a rusty sword abandoned two centuries ago and restore it for my own use?

I don't know what they planned in detail, but currently I can easily imagine a few exploits that can impact the economy. Maybe the mines should keep producing a minimum of their resources even in a "depleted" state.

Barony of Kern’s gate

5/31/2019 3:38:14 PM #10

The sword would indeed be tracked, but it degrades over time and would eventually be wiped out entirely.

While resources are limited, there is a large supply of them and as said, sbs can always engineer an event to add more if things get too bad. They won't interfere if you turn some areas into wastelands though if you don't manage your local resources.