COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Date and lore timeline

Hi,

I'm working on my family's roleplay and I was wondering it there was some reference date (like the creation of the continent) that we could use ? Or do we know the in-game date when the game will launch ?

Thanks a lot

As for myself the wonderful sea charmed me from the first. (Joshua Slocum)

5/18/2019 4:16:16 AM #1

There is such lore, but I've forgotten most of the details. The lore accounts for time passing through Ages, and I believe that Launch will happen in the Fourth Age. The First Age was before there were any Children of Mann (who will be the characters in the game).

I don't think detailed knowledge of the lore will be necessary for role-play. You can probably do fine using the religion and tribe characterizations. Some kingdoms have been actively role-playing in their own discord channels for several years already, albeit at some risk that their RP may not exactly match the religious and tribal context that they end up with.

5/18/2019 5:13:25 PM #2

If I recall correctly, launch is tentatively around the year 800 of the 4th age. Kingdoms of Elyria will occur prior to that, perhaps as far back as 300 years I've seen it mentioned, which will help players seed the world with some family history of their own.

p.s. I think Elyria may have been created in the 2nd age after one of the godswars where Daemon was killed that started The Burning and which led to the breaking of the world into three: Karcion, Haven and Elyria. But this is the creation myth from the perspective of the Qindred. Other cultures may view it a bit (or a lot) differently.