COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Greeting !

Hello,

I just found this project and after little digging and a few youtube searches, found what seems to be an ambitious and exciting game to follow and participate in. I'm still completely unsure where i would fit in, being (like most assume) a full-time jobber and a family guy.

In short, "Hello" and I hope to meet you guys in-game.

Cheers

Selene (EU) - Brudvir Explorer/Bardic .. Maybe?

5/31/2019 11:18:32 AM #1

Welcome, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the New player questions section in the forum or the discord.

What server will you be at?

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

5/31/2019 2:16:12 PM #2

Thankyou ;) I'll be sure to read through the forum and ask if needed !

I'll be on EU server, seeing as i'm from there :)

5/31/2019 6:30:23 PM #3

Welcome to CoE. :)

5/31/2019 6:53:54 PM #4

Welcome Fenrisu!

CoE will have an interesting system of setting up your offline character with AI scripts. Which means while you are at work or spending time with family you can set your character to carry out basic or mundane tasks like buying/selling some wares or gathering low-difficulty materials, housekeeping etc.

You're not going to progress your skills doing this but it means that even if you're away a lot you can be doing productive things in game leaving you time to do the things you actually enjoy while actively playing the game.

5/31/2019 10:16:44 PM #5

I like the offline idea ... needing safe spots, good scripts etc. and if nothing else for the sake of better immersion for everyone else. I am skeptical though about the "spark of life" system, in the chance of bold griefer attacks. Could get expensive for a few i suppose ...

I admit i haven't looked much into this yet and i need to read more on the forums.

Nonetheless i appreciate the warm welcome and feel eager to participate. :)

6/1/2019 2:44:56 AM #6

It all depends on the how secure a location is. For bandit group and outlaws, the settlement itself maybe able to handle it, if the local government is paying attention to it.

However, if it is a roaming horde, it comes down to the Duchy / barons to fight them. All a local government can do is denying the horde supplies and resources while waiting for help.

The details though, will be balanced in alpha / beta I believe.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

6/1/2019 1:45:53 PM #7

I've also heared that a lot of offline development in aristocracy is ongoing. Is this community being directly transferred into the game or will everything have to be "played" from scratch at launch ?