COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Sleep

Will you need to stop at night and sleep? I figure as an OPC your character will stop and sleep at times, but if you are currently playing will you have to rest/sleep from time to time?

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

6/3/2019 5:42:27 PM #1

So if I remember right there is a sort of fatigue that is restored best by sleeping but there are supposed to be other ways to restore it also like eating certain foods or meals. I think the goal was to make sleep the most optimal way but to not interrupt a play session there are also less optimal alternatives like eating certain food so you can keep playing. Not sure if this is till current because it was in a QnA like 2 years ago lol.

I don't know anymore.

6/3/2019 6:22:06 PM #2

Sleep is eventually required. Like RL, you can postpone it for a while with the proper drugs but eventually you need to sleep.

6/3/2019 8:54:39 PM #3

I think it was something as the characters "health" goes down from the moment you wake up in the morning. You need to eat, drink and rest to have full "health".

I think this will be really interesting from a military standpoint. You want to attack quickly and surprise the enemies, but also you want tour soldiers to fully rested and have full "health".

6/3/2019 8:56:33 PM #4

With the day and night cycles in CoE being 1 real life year = 100 CoE years. (getting 2.8 (2:48) times from other posts, but not sure if the time scale is 100% accurate)

• Every 2 hours 48 minutes in real life = 1 day CoE

• 1 real life hour = 8 hours 36 minutes in CoE.

• Sleeping in game for 5 hours = 43 real life minutes.

If you are forced to sleep every 3 CoE days then you can play for 8 hours 24 minutes straight before you have to let your character sleep for 43 minutes to stay healthy. That's if your character was rested when you logged on.

The point is that you are going to have to wait 43 real life minutes to allow for your character to sleep for 5 hours in CoE. The sleep time and when it's needed is still unknown.

Now don't get me wrong. I am more then fine with this. I can just see other people's reactions when they find out they HAVE to sleep in-game, and it's not something they can fast froward through.

6/3/2019 11:46:19 PM #5

Posted By PhKnight at 1:56 PM - Mon Jun 03 2019

The point is that you are going to have to wait 43 real life minutes to allow for your character to sleep for 5 hours in CoE. The sleep time and when it's needed is still unknown.

Not 43 minutes, and it's more or less known of approximately how much and when. Disclaimer, this was said on Discord so it's up for change, but I imagine it won't change that much:

15 APR 18 D-CCR

Right now it takes about 7 minutes every 2.8 hours or so to fully recover. You can spread that beyond 2.8 hours by doing things that restore some amount of fatigue, but inevitably your character will need to sleep.

6/4/2019 6:18:02 PM #6

The 43 just came from 5 hours, if my math was correct, on one possibility that was based off nothing really. Just trying to figure out what it could be like for those all day gaming sessions.

6/4/2019 7:41:47 PM #7

Posted By Protey at 7:46 PM - Mon Jun 03 2019

Posted By PhKnight at 1:56 PM - Mon Jun 03 2019

Not 43 minutes, and it's more or less known of approximately how much and when. Disclaimer, this was said on Discord so it's up for change, but I imagine it won't change that much:

15 APR 18 D-CCR

Right now it takes about 7 minutes every 2.8 hours or so to fully recover. You can spread that beyond 2.8 hours by doing things that restore some amount of fatigue, but inevitably your character will need to sleep.

7 minutes rest every 2.8 hours? Built in bio breaks, a long overdue QOL concept.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT