COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Any new update on the map?

Anyone have a new update on the map?

6/5/2019 3:50:42 PM #16

Posted By DesiDoll at 08:13 AM - Wed Jun 05 2019

Posted By Kyleran at 06:41 AM - Wed Jun 05 2019

Posted By DracoKalen at 8:01 PM - Tue Jun 04 2019

yes, yes it does. Snipehunter gave us an update today

Oh, where did he provide the update, I can't seem to locate it.

The dss section of the CoE discord is where we see informal updates and progress reports from snipe and serp. Formal, official updates won't be made on the forums until it goes up in review mode.

Huh?

6/5/2019 4:22:57 PM #17

Posted By Kyleran at 07:41 AM - Wed Jun 05 2019

It is pinned in the DSS section of discord. I had originally copy and pasted here but I'm so confused as to what I can and can't re-post here I deleted it.

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

6/5/2019 7:22:19 PM #18

Posted By DracoKalen at 11:22 AM - Wed Jun 05 2019

Posted By Kyleran at 07:41 AM - Wed Jun 05 2019

It is pinned in the DSS section of discord. I had originally copy and pasted here but I'm so confused as to what I can and can't re-post here I deleted it.

The last time someone copy pasta from discord to the website Caspian had a small fit about bringing things said on an “unofficial” medium ie discord and pasting it in the official Medium ie the forums.

So NOTHING POSTED IN DISCORD IS OFFICIAL.

In short do not post items, updates, or conversations from discord in the forums less Caspian gets mad. 😉

Side note no idea why there is an official update channel in discord if we cannot treat it as official information.

6/5/2019 7:30:37 PM #19

Fortunately for you folks I suffer no such concerns.

Disclaimer, what follows is taken directly from the COE public D&SS Discord channel so the information should not be considered as any sort of official communication.

Pinned by Snipehunter on June 4th.

"@I.D. Did a review of D&SS this morning. Things are looking good, but it looks like there's still some work we need to do. Our water sims are currently "too slow," (it still takes multiple hours to complete a sim for a game map) and iterating on water data is taking too long as a result, so Caspian, the poor sob, is once again optimizing the sim; refactoring sections to run in C++ to speed them, that sort of thing.

Map rendering work is also going on, which is essentially the last thing holding us back once the water sim is speedier and we can tune it a bit more. The site team is working on enhancing the site and adding in support for a few requested features while Caspian and I do our work.

Me personally, I'm looking at the desert again, trying to localize the resource distribution a bit better so that the desert doesn't appear more valuable than it really is when you view the data as a player."

Such a silly game they force us to play here just to stay informed.

So, just as I inferred earlier, they are manually fine tuning the maps on four unique worlds. I certainly can understand why the delay.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

6/6/2019 2:59:47 AM #20

Posted By Kyleran at 05:30 AM - Thu Jun 06 2019

So, just as I inferred earlier, they are manually fine tuning the maps on four unique worlds. I certainly can understand why the delay.

They are mucking around with 5. Going off this post. I do get the feeling they are spending more time working on them, than they originally would have. Which is probably for the best. Screw the worlds up, people would lose their shit.

6/6/2019 10:58:19 PM #21

Got permission. Latest news from Snipehunter

Snipehunter 🌩Today at 2:12 PM Just got done with our DSS review meeting. As things stand right now, Caspian is working on some changes to the stylized map renderer (carrying on from yesterday, basically, not new work), Vye and I are working on tuning a few different aspects of the metadata (everything from the colors used to represent various soil types in the stylized map, to the required depth of a water feature to be considered a "lake" or "pond", and the impact the ability to forage in a region has on its sustainability) and the rest of the team is squashing bugs on the DSS site and/or adding support for certain quality of life features (e.g. making sure that claiming multiple titles at once is smooth and fluid by changing the layout of a screen or altering the wording on certain dialogs to more explicitly explain certain elements of the process).

We are definitely, in terms of a progress bar, very close to done. That said, I think we're going to make another pass on how we render the borders for counties and the like before we call it all done though, and that work hasn't started, so it won't be a "tomorrow" thing or anything like that. But we're working on stuff that is in the last 5%-10% of stuff to be done, now.

6/6/2019 11:11:48 PM #22

Thanks, I'd actually meant to do that very same thing myself earlier in the day, but things can get hectic around here and I found myself in various meetings and the like up until about 20 minutes ago!

• Snipehunter
6/7/2019 4:12:58 AM #23

Im confused , are we supposed to be able to choose our domain/settlement area yet/ it was scheduled for may but im frankly too drunk to figure out if i missed it or not , appreciate any response lol

6/7/2019 5:13:14 AM #24

Posted By Grapefruitkush at 9:12 PM - Thu Jun 06 2019

Im confused , are we supposed to be able to choose our domain/settlement area yet/ it was scheduled for may but im frankly too drunk to figure out if i missed it or not , appreciate any response lol

You didn't miss it. You can probably get away with just checking the main page once a day, without even logging in. Or, checking on the CoE Discord Official Updates section, if you would rather. I expect massive announcement updates when the maps are published, and will be most extremely disappointed if announcements are not massive.

6/7/2019 3:46:05 PM #25

@Snipe Thanks for giving us these regular updates on your progress. Can we expect some lead time for when selection will resume again (like 2 weeks) to give people a reasonable window to make work/life arrangements or will it resume promptly after the work is complete?

6/7/2019 4:24:28 PM #26

ewwww....2 weeks. We waited long enough already. Let's get this party started!

6/7/2019 4:31:29 PM #27

I mean, it's not a problem for me. Unless it falls on the 16th. That would just be my luck, wouldn't you know. :|

But yeah, just seems like it would be sensible to "reset" the process and let everyone arrange the time off they need (or otherwise make sure they can be around) for their selection. Either way, it would be helpful to know what the plan is. :)

6/7/2019 4:48:56 PM #28

Don't think they'd start on a Sunday (16th)

I was kind of expecting (just my opinion) They would start on a Wednesday to let the kings have a few days and the next Monday Dukes would kick off.

6/8/2019 2:23:02 AM #29

Posted By DracoKalen at 02:48 AM - Sat Jun 08 2019

Don't think they'd start on a Sunday (16th)

I was kind of expecting (just my opinion) They would start on a Wednesday to let the kings have a few days and the next Monday Dukes would kick off.

I would think even kings/dukes would need more than few days to view everything. Seeing how detailed the map would be. My dream would be, them releasing the map, where we all have a few weeks to view it.

6/8/2019 2:49:54 AM #30

Yeah just release the maps, then I don't care if it still takes a few weeks coz all I want is to review and plan :)