COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
My In-game Wife..Issue

So my future partner of CoE is planning on being Kypiq... My problem is that I am being forced to choose Naren to support my kingdom. The question I have, and am concerned about, is what kind of babies will we create? I was told that possibly we will have Hrothi baby? Tell me your thoughts...

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

6/8/2019 3:06:02 AM #1

Why are you forced to choose Neran? Only titled people are restricted. Anyone else, can pick any tribe that happens to be within the town they start in.

Onto your question. It just be a mixed breed. So half Neran, half Kypiq. No idea how you thought any differently..

6/8/2019 3:06:14 AM #2

Lmao, you will not have Hrothi babies from a Kypiq and a Neran. You will have a half Kypiq, half Neran hybrid which will pick up various traits from either parent and will be raised culturally based on the child contract signed during conception.

As far as what a Kypiq/Neran hybrid might look like, well thats likely something we will have to learn in game :P

You can think of tribes in CoE as you would races in other games. An elf plus a human would make a half elf, not a gnome (not to directly compare any tribes to typical fantasy races)

6/8/2019 3:28:10 AM #3

Following the half elf metaphor, a Kypiq-Neran would likely have noticeable traits from each, instead of "balanced" traits. So say a Kypiq's pointed ears and hair color but a Neran's height and weight and skin color.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

6/8/2019 3:28:29 AM #4

Posted By Labbe at 11:06 PM - Fri Jun 07 2019

Lmao, you will not have Hrothi babies from a Kypiq and a Neran. You will have a half Kypiq, half Neran hybrid which will pick up various traits from either parent and will be raised culturally based on the child contract signed during conception.

As far as what a Kypiq/Neran hybrid might look like, well thats likely something we will have to learn in game :P

You can think of tribes in CoE as you would races in other games. An elf plus a human would make a half elf, not a gnome (not to directly compare any tribes to typical fantasy races)

This is what I thought.. <.< This will be an interesting child.

Btw I am forcing my self to choose Neran, as I am the head of the DrakeMoore Guard. Want more information check out our Discord :P

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

6/8/2019 4:25:28 AM #5

Posted By Hermes_Kriophoros at 1:28 PM - Sat Jun 08 2019

Btw I am forcing my self to choose Neran, as I am the head of the DrakeMoore Guard. Want more information check out our Discord :P

Forcing yourself to play a tribe you don't seem to like.. that's going to end well.

6/8/2019 5:17:12 AM #6

Posted By Hermes_Kriophoros at

I was told that possibly we will have Hrothi baby?

:')

6/8/2019 5:38:01 AM #7

Careful, in-game wives (and off-spring) can raise the ire of the real world spouse if one is not very skillful with the explaination.

;)

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

6/8/2019 6:39:02 AM #8

I hope you have Hrothi babies. Story engine plot twist. XD

6/8/2019 12:10:40 PM #9

Posted By Hieronymus at 08:39 AM - Sat Jun 08 2019

I hope you have Hrothi babies. Story engine plot twist. XD

LOL, yeah he has to worry about something else...

Eolwyn Lunicorne

6/8/2019 12:12:26 PM #10

Keep it simple. Make a second character, who is Kypiq, and have her make a second who is whatever you want to add to Neran.

Done.

Link to my story

6/8/2019 12:34:34 PM #11

alt text

Alt text - can be left blank

6/10/2019 4:31:41 AM #12

Maybe you are told that your off spring would have the height of a Hrothi? Cuz it is in between Kypid & Neran average height.

No Hrothi baby possible, just a random roll of the genes of the 2 parents.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

6/10/2019 6:29:51 AM #13

Posted By Roarer at 11:31 PM - Sun Jun 09 2019

No Hrothi baby possible, just a random roll of the genes of the 2 parents.

Unless the waifu signs a baby contract with her Hrothi side dish. XD

6/10/2019 7:42:04 AM #14

Just wondering... Will all PCs and NPCs be of "pure" races in the beginning? If mixing is possible, shouldn't those hybrids have existed for ages already?

6/11/2019 8:06:07 AM #15

Posted By Kurko at 12:42 AM - Mon Jun 10 2019

Just wondering... Will all PCs and NPCs be of "pure" races in the beginning? If mixing is possible, shouldn't those hybrids have existed for ages already?

You can ask if a lot of things should have existed already. It's our role as players to step into this world and mess everything up.