COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
game release or news of when release is expected

i backed a probably 2 years ago, 2019 was estimated release date. ive yet to hear any news of how long until an estimate release. last video of anything on twitch was a ways back. just curious on some form of updated timeline

6/10/2019 7:05:58 AM #1

To quote my fellow ambassador about estimates and dates for this topic:

Posted By Bombastus at 11:06 AM - Sun May 26 2019

Posted By Gunnlang at 07:47 AM - Sun May 26 2019

Posted By GedMahn at 9:11 PM - Sun May 26 2019

Oh... wow! That far off?! OK, fair enough :)

It's impossible to make any guess.

Let me echo and amplify this.

The studio keeps internal goals and dates but they don't share them with us because they don't want to make promises they can't keep.

What we do know is the sequence of releases that are dependent on one another. Currently, the only things left between where we are now and a playable game for some portion of the paying public are Domain and Settlement Selection and Personas. I think they might also be trying to get the chat integration into the website as part of Personas, but it's been a while since they talked about that.

Regardless, the main thesis is:

Everyone here is guessing blindly.

If someone guesses that we will see release in 2019 or 2029, please treat that with healthy skepticism. The only people who can give remotely reasonable estimates for release are Soulbound Studios and the Two-Fold Queen (blessed be her name). And presently, neither of them are talking about launch.

We currently don’t have any timeline or date for which this game will be released.

6/10/2019 7:35:58 AM #2

Let’s also quote a moderators post from the same post which was like this one:

It's correct that there are no official dates for release/playable content and that all dates provided are representations of the community's best guesses.

When it comes down to it, when we guess dates it's like an average-joe trying to predict if it will be sunny on a particular day or month many moons down the road. Meteorologists (devs) probably have an inkling based on their accumulated knowledge but they don't know what's going to happen between now and then just as much as we (the average-joes) do. Weather, similar to game development, is chaotic and the further you get from current data the less predictable it gets”

6/10/2019 11:40:35 AM #3

Partially good analogy but in this case we are not predicting a particular day. One doesn’t need to be a meteorologist to predict that it won’t snow for months when it’s currently 103 degrees. So from what I see here, I am comfortable predicting that we are easily over a year from release and a great likelihood that it’s double that. We know this by looking at the list of predecessors that SBS stated must happen for release. Posted below from State Of Elyria 2017 with associated estimated start dates and categorized by current Status:

COMPLETE

Server Selection (T1 2018)

ACTIVE WORK (not complete)

V3 of the Website (Q3 2017) ElyriaMUD (Q4 2017) Became VoxELyria and now Pre-Elyria Alpha 1 (T1 2018) Settlement / Domain Selection (T2 2018)

FUTURE

KoE (T2 2018) Design Experiences (T3 2018) Alpha 2 (T3 2018) Beta 1 (S1 2019) Prologue & CoE Adventure Toolkit (S1 2019) Exposition (S1 2019) Beta 2 (S1/S2 2019) Stress Test (Any paid account)(S2 2019) Launch (S2 2019)

I think that’s enough to let people know whether they want to start getting involved or not.

6/10/2019 12:50:25 PM #4

Seeing how "well" SOE has been at predicting dates and (not) hitting them I'm still going with the long view, four or more years until full release.

Another factor, CU and SC are at 6 plus years with no end in site for either, and they both had more to show for their efforts at the same point in their development cycles.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

6/10/2019 2:20:53 PM #5

Posted By Kyleran at 05:50 AM - Mon Jun 10 2019

Seeing how "well" SOE has been at predicting dates and (not) hitting them I'm still going with the long view, four or more years until full release.

Another factor, CU and SC are at 6 plus years with no end in site for either, and they both had more to show for their efforts at the same point in their development cycles.

Not that i'm terribly thrilled with what I've seen after following this game's development for 4 years, but CU has 3X the funding CoE does and SC has many, many times more than either of them... not exactly an apples to apples comparison you've got there.

6/10/2019 5:10:50 PM #6

Posted By Vucar at 10:20 AM - Mon Jun 10 2019

Posted By Kyleran at 05:50 AM - Mon Jun 10 2019

Not that i'm terribly thrilled with what I've seen after following this game's development for 4 years, but CU has 3X the funding CoE does and SC has many, many times more than either of them... not exactly an apples to apples comparison you've got there.

I think that you just reinforced his point.