COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
NPCs

how do you tell if someone is an NPC or a PC?

Friend code: 26C1D7

6/12/2019 1:14:44 PM #1

By looking at them.

Once you get to know a someone well enough their name, or the name they are sharing, will show up above them. I am guessing NPCs will follow this. You have to talk to them enough to get to know them well enough to identify them by sight.

I do not think there will be big arrows pointing you to someone. You will have to remember who they were, what their name was, and where they are located. While keeping in mind they will move about as well.

Good news is that this isn't a quest based game. You do not have to return to someone to turn in a quest. You will have to remember who they are if you are selling them something you are making or made a contract to.

I think the Devs wanted to make players and NPCs look the same and even make it where you couldn't tell the difference. Makes someone disguising themselves as one harder to detect right off the back.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

6/12/2019 2:31:01 PM #2

If they're jumping around for no apparent reason, climbing over walls and fences because it's a shortcut, hopping in and out of fountains ... they're PCs. :)

6/12/2019 2:56:25 PM #3

Posted By Hieronymus at 09:31 AM - Wed Jun 12 2019

If they're jumping around for no apparent reason, climbing over walls and fences because it's a shortcut, hopping in and out of fountains ... they're PCs. :)

This. Players will be far more erratic and ridiculous. Unless they're trying to trick you into thinking they're an NPC.

6/12/2019 4:59:41 PM #4

Posted By Scheneighnay at 08:56 AM - Wed Jun 12 2019

Posted By Hieronymus at 09:31 AM - Wed Jun 12 2019

This. Players will be far more erratic and ridiculous. Unless they're trying to trick you into thinking they're an NPC.

This opens up a whole new aspect I'd never considered. It could be really fun having a shop or something and making people think you're an NPC, especially if they try to steal from you, or do something else they shouldn't.

Tentative plans: To'resk, looking to settle in the Kingdom of Riftwood, NA - W Angelica.

6/12/2019 7:29:43 PM #5

Hello. Welcome to Willy's Weapon Shop. How can I help you.

Since you only share the info you want to I wonder if they are going to make it where NPC have 1 color name above them and players have a different color. If they are the same then yes a player could pretend they are an NPC, but I imagine that talking to an NPC is different. Unless you are in OPC mode.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.