COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
A Fair or maybe the Circus ?

Hey :)

So I was sitting at work today daydreaming about the possibilities in CoE. I thought the idea of traveling was fun and seeing other cultures, exchanging technology, listening to foreign music or sagas ... maybe test myself against exotic fighting styles ... But then I thought why not have a traveling fair move around and present what they in turn meet elsewhere? "Come on .. Come all! Grapple with the giant Yoru ... A painted Brudvir you say ? Impossible dear madam this is the real deal! ...".

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but there are talks of nomadic tribes and i thought there might be options for something like a traveling fair in that regard. Imagine your crafters meeting journymen from across the continent and learning something new ... new food, stylish weapons ... new songs and tales to be told ... hmm not to mention the possibilities for famous people to get even more famous.

Being a dad i doubt i'll have the time to make something like this work at least initially ... but I hope you guys will theory craft a bit with me ... maybe daydream a bit as well :)

cheers

edit - mobil device

Selene (EU) - Brudvir Explorer/Bardic .. Maybe?

6/13/2019 6:39:22 PM #1

Posted By fenrisu at

Hey :)

So I was sitting at work today daydreaming about the possibilities in CoE. I thought the idea of traveling was fun and seeing other cultures, exchanging technology, listening to foreign music or sagas ... maybe test myself against exotic fighting styles ... But then I thought why not have a traveling fair move around and present what they in turn meet elsewhere? "Come on .. Come all! Grapple with the giant Yoru ... A painted Brudvir you say ? Impossible dear madam this is the real deal! ...".

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but there are talks of nomadic tribes and i thought there might be options for something like a traveling fair in that regard. Imagine your crafters meeting journymen from across the continent and learning something new ... new food, stylish weapons ... new songs and tales to be told ... hmm not to mention the possibilities for famous people to get even more famous.

Being a dad i doubt i'll have the time to make something like this work at least initially ... but I hope you guys will theory craft a bit with me ... maybe daydream a bit as well :)

cheers

edit - mobil device

Fair cycles are already in planning. I have also seen some planning for traveling troupes of actors/traveling shows. A circus is definitely possible if the game supports the activities found in a circus (acrobatics; trick riding; trick shooting; exotic animals in traveling wagons).

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

6/13/2019 6:52:06 PM #2

cool :) I suppose presenting a typical circus is hard as it's not that impressive in a game and way to passive for players to participate in ... though something of the sort mixed with crucible of cultures ... that would be fun .. at least for a time - and then they move on.

Selene (EU) - Brudvir Explorer/Bardic .. Maybe?

6/13/2019 7:36:18 PM #3

I think for traveling circus to really work they need to have something special to them. Trading information is going to get stream lined and people not in the circus would most likely pass the skills and business owners will be looking to make trade routes to other kingdoms as well. I don't think a circus going around the world would survive on just trading new styles and information outside of maybe dancing and singing.

One thing, I think could make circuses big is if they provided a happiness bonus to citizens but the circus had to have something that isn't naive to the area. So traveling to other kingdoms would be worth it and kingdoms couldn't just make their own circus.

6/14/2019 6:34:50 AM #4

@Deftly,

I think kingdoms could sponsor their own circuses, but they would be much better and more popular with assets from other kingdoms as well. Better and more popular should translate into more and/or bigger buffs.

6/19/2019 1:19:35 PM #5

I think that there are a few other folks who have the same ideas as you do...

I would poke around some of the discord channels...you might find them lurking about there too

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!