COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Hugely confused

So I pledged a long while ago at count/countess level... but having brain damage, I have just been confused beyond belief about what I'm supposed to be doing about the whole domain thing, after all, I haven't had a chance to play in-game and get to build sensible diplomacy yet. ....

Can anyone help me by making it really, really simple for me?

With many thanks x

6/14/2019 8:30:40 PM #1

Domain and Settlement Selection is just picking and naming your domain/settlement. Think of it as world building, you're choosing where your county & settlement will be on the map, and what their names will be.

6/14/2019 9:26:28 PM #2

Just to add to that, D&SS is not live yet (it started but was suspended due to map rendering issues) and we don't have any game to play either. The only thing we've been doing for the past few years is talking about the game, building communities around our ideas for CoE and interacting with each other in our various kingdom/duchy/etc discords (which is the only kind of politics possible right now).

6/14/2019 9:28:10 PM #3

Posted By Hieronymus at 5:26 PM - Fri Jun 14 2019

[...] and interacting with each other in our various kingdom/duchy/etc discords (which is the only kind of politics possible right now).

"A Game of Discords" is an expression some of us have heard said around ;)

6/15/2019 3:36:22 AM #4

Probably the first thing you want to do, to make it simpler, is pick your server. You can do that based on ping time, if you are interested in PvP or even PvE at all. Another way is to visit the various domain Discords and forum threads to see which domains appeal to you the most, and find out from the maps which kingdoms you might prefer based on biomes (and dominant tribes) present.

6/15/2019 4:50:09 PM #5

Always look around the discord’s. There are a lot of people looking to help. Get to know the communities and check out the server specific forum sections there are a lot of different groups and communities~

6/17/2019 7:35:21 AM #6

I'd say anyone with a land owning title should venture to meet existing kings/queens BEFORE they decide on the land they own in the DSS; Lest they end up stuck in a group they have no familiarity with and end up falling out before the game even begins

6/17/2019 12:06:39 PM #7

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

6/18/2019 4:28:02 AM #8

Posted By Hieronymus at 5:26 PM - Fri Jun 14 2019

Just to add to that, D&SS is not live yet (it started but was suspended due to map rendering issues) and we don't have any game to play either. The only thing we've been doing for the past few years is talking about the game, building communities around our ideas for CoE and interacting with each other in our various kingdom/duchy/etc discords (which is the only kind of politics possible right now).

Well we probably could all get together to play a few rounds of Online Risk sometime.

;)

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

7/20/2019 7:48:14 PM #9

Thank you all for answering, life consumed me and I forgot I'd asked this.

Lots of useful help here, thankyou x