COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
sleeping?

i was wondering what characters while sleeping. just an idea, but maybe they could do something like spirit walking (and only go to places nearby, and that their awake selves could access. also no interacting or others knowing they are there.)
maybe they could be in spirit animal form, https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/28788/tribal-spirit-animals or humann form.
just wondering.

Friend code: 26C1D7

6/20/2019 3:14:42 PM #1

a half an hour pause after five hours of gaming should not hurt that much... you wont have to sleep much... one or two ingamedays without a longer sleep can be done... sooner or later, you'll have to visit the toilet or eat/drink something. Just take a game-nap in those times ;)

A minigame for sleep really isnt necessary, unless someone wants to play 7h+ without stopping at all. and thats unhealthy. so no reason to support it.

Friend Code: 30EF47

6/20/2019 4:04:22 PM #2

Posted By Gromschlog at 4:14 PM - Thu Jun 20 2019

a half an hour pause after five hours of gaming should not hurt that much... you wont have to sleep much... one or two ingamedays without a longer sleep can be done... sooner or later, you'll have to visit the toilet or eat/drink something. Just take a game-nap in those times ;)

A minigame for sleep really isnt necessary, unless someone wants to play 7h+ without stopping at all. and thats unhealthy. so no reason to support it.

…good point

6/20/2019 8:50:15 PM #3

A full Elyrian day is 168 min with 46 mins allocated to the night cycle; there's an additional 18 min for dusk & dawn each.

But I don't see the game requiring your character to have a full nights sleep while you are actively playing. I'd prefer more short breaks more often.

Give a small buff for when you do bed down in an inn for the full night cycle sure, but allow us to get away with couple of minutes rest here and there but also the option of pushing through. It's possible for the average person to skip a nights sleep here and there.

Also some unscrupulous folk will be using the night cycle for their deviant arts. So by no means should night time mean a forced sleepy time.

I will be playing on Selene (EU) Server
6/20/2019 9:38:54 PM #4

The way it works right now, you will gain fatigue slowly throughout the day. If you do nothing about it, that fatigue will overwhelm you and you'll literally pass out wherever you are and sleep until you recover enough to stand back up. You remove the most fatigue, most quickly, while sleeping -- it's definitely the best way to get back to 0 fatigue... but, it's not the only way, either. You can also rest by a fire, sit in a chair or on a bench, or partake in a few other relaxing actions that will remove some of your fatigue. it will happen more slowly, no question, but it will work.

Essentially, you will be able to take shorter, more frequent breaks to mitigate fatigue if that's your strategy, as long as the ability to rest is actually possible wherever you are, which isn't guaranteed unless you bring the tools to make it possible yourself.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
6/21/2019 1:14:56 PM #5

I think we did the math before. Unless this has changed it's 2.8 hours play time = 1 CoE day. So, ever 3 hours have a 5 to 10 minutes pee break.

Better to do the short breaks in real life rather then pass out and have an Otterbear decide your skull is a good place to lay their eggs.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

6/22/2019 4:31:58 AM #6

I was wondering if all the NPCs went to sleep when it was dark. Then what do all the PCs do when everyone else is in bed (besides deviant things)?

So I've wondered how the sleep cycle is going to affect the greater population. After all, it's not like a farmer can work the crops at night, although a miner certainly could prospect underground just fine at night.

6/22/2019 5:08:49 AM #7

The taverns will probably be open for much of the night.

2/3/2020 3:59:25 PM #8

Posted By Poldano at 06:08 AM - Sat Jun 22 2019

The taverns will probably be open for much of the night.

thx i'll just do that instead