COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Dawn SHINES on new shores

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lateness of the hour, but it is indeed time to SHINE, so let's get to it!

I actually had it in my mind to show a different shiny when I was considering things yesterday, but I have to admit, you all convinced me that this should be today's shiny. I mean, between certain members of the community offering to eat certain items of clothing, if this was the shiny, and everyone's general enthusiasm for the topic, it was hard to say no.

Unfortunately, we ran into a hell of a bug just after lunch today, so actually getting these ready for the shiny took some doing. But, thanks to Caspian's efforts, the bug has been hunted and slain, and the images are ready!

So, without the typical long-winded story, I present to you your server maps, at the county zoom level. Minus, of course, the borders, the settlements, and the roads that link them. It's not DSS day yet, so let's leave a little to discover still, eh?

Now, these are really large images, even as jpgs, they're 30-40+ MB each, so if you want to download full size, then click the images below.

Here are you maps:

Angelica

Luna

Selene

Oceanus

Enjoy, and stay shiny my friends!

edit: fixed the Map I link

7/19/2019 10AM PT (Serp):

Per requests, here are the maps without the bottom bar:

Angelica - I
Luna - N
Selene - B
Oceanus - 7

• Snipehunter
7/20/2019 12:40:59 AM #31

Ok, so maybe I don't get it, but some help here.

Why are we getting maps? I thought a key element of this game is that we DON'T know what the world looks like and we have to explore and map it ourselves.

Or is this only going to happen when we find new, not-yet-mapped continents?

confused

7/20/2019 1:22:59 AM #32

Posted By kutz at 7:40 PM - Fri Jul 19 2019

Ok, so maybe I don't get it, but some help here.

Why are we getting maps? I thought a key element of this game is that we DON'T know what the world looks like and we have to explore and map it ourselves.

Or is this only going to happen when we find new, not-yet-mapped continents?

confused

The maps have been stylized/obscured, They don't show every little detail only what is needed for folks to be able to pick their settlements. No iconic or legendary locations are shown. You won't see inside city or what building are even in them. They have purposely left many things out to keep it eciting once we get in game. Here is a link that explains. See the 7/19 update. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31747/dss-updates-thread

Divide et Impera

7/20/2019 1:44:17 AM #33

Posted By HolyAvengerOne at 03:51 AM - Sat Jul 20 2019

Posted By Gunnlang at 04:21 AM - Fri Jul 19 2019

Ohh so close to those county lines. Looking good. It's amazing how different this one looks to the last one.

Algorithms, man. Algorithms. They are complicated.

I'm not really caring myself. Hrothi biome on OCE was changed. But can see how other Hrothi on other servers maybe confused about their massive mountains turning into small hills/peaks.

7/20/2019 3:29:21 AM #34

Posted By Gunnlang at 6:44 PM - Fri Jul 19 2019

Posted By HolyAvengerOne at 03:51 AM - Sat Jul 20 2019

Posted By Gunnlang at 04:21 AM - Fri Jul 19 2019

Ohh so close to those county lines. Looking good. It's amazing how different this one looks to the last one.

Algorithms, man. Algorithms. They are complicated.

I'm not really caring myself. Hrothi biome on OCE was changed. But can see how other Hrothi on other servers maybe confused about their massive mountains turning into small hills/peaks.

From what I understand that's because the whole area is already of a higher altitude.

7/20/2019 3:49:52 AM #35

Awesome.

It will be even awesomer when the political lines are drawn in. :D

Looks can be deceiving.

7/20/2019 9:05:54 AM #36

Posted By Ravenlute at 1:29 PM - Sat Jul 20 2019

From what I understand that's because the whole area is already of a higher altitude.

That somewhat helps. Confuses me why some areas have high peaks, unless it means they are massively tall. Looking at all the maps. Seems only EU really has a mountain range of all high peaks, all really close together. The rest seem kind of spread out. I suppose the joy of random gen. Seeing the last maps. I really expected the mountains to be really dense, not spread out. Maybe that was my mistake assuming it would stay the same.

7/20/2019 9:10:04 AM #37

The first three are very similar in shape. Why is that?

https://www.duchyofanor.com/uploads/1/2/2/5/122542400/duchybanner3-9_orig.png)](https:///www.duchyofanor.com)

7/20/2019 12:43:35 PM #38

Very nice guys, I can't wait for D&SS to resume!

7/20/2019 6:40:29 PM #39

Posted By IndraAllian at 02:10 AM - Sat Jul 20 2019

The first three are very similar in shape. Why is that?

Partly it's because the starting continent includes 16 specific biomes that have to exist at particular latitude and altitude bands to make sense in the game's weather simulation, and partly it's because these are the maps the community voted on as the maps for their server. You can see the choices they had to choose from if you go to the map voting page.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
7/21/2019 1:21:02 PM #40

very cool. Lots of rivers I see....

7/21/2019 1:56:31 PM #41

I'm loving these maps. I cannot wait to see the final renditions! Even these have kept me busy scouring for interesting locations!

7/21/2019 4:57:20 PM #42

:eggplant:

7/21/2019 11:12:19 PM #43

SQUEEEEEE

Family Ahlström - Wealth in the rivers and vast seas.