COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Q: Settlement upgrade levels

It is known that for a settlement to upgrade to the next tier (e.g. town, city etc.) it needs to meet several prerequisites: them being parcel count, population count and special building per each tier.

Several questions:

• If I pick a town, and with my additional titles/tokens the prerequisites for pop and parcels of a city are reached, but a courthouse is absent, will it stay or town, or will I be given an appropriate building (in this case a courthouse) for it to become a city automatically. (I recall something about this being said in discord - however would like official confirmation on the forums)

• If I pick a town WITH a courthouse , and my estimated population is something like 160-200 (150 is needed for city), however my parcel count is 47-58 (49 is needed for a city) - will it upgrade to a city? Or would I be needed to grow it to minimum of 49 parcels.

• If I pick a town WITHOUT a courthouse , and my estimated population is something like 160-200 (150 is needed for city), however my parcel count is 47-58 (49 is needed for a city) - will it upgrade to a city, and will I be given a courthouse.

Thanks ahead of time :D

8/20/2019 5:09:44 PM #1

Would also be interested in this :o

8/20/2019 5:10:09 PM #2

interesting question. wondering this myself.

8/20/2019 5:19:50 PM #3

Are the parcel and population numbers still at those points?(49/150)

I suppose the same questions would also apply to villages becoming towns, and cities becoming capitals.

This would be a settlement where a lucky double mayor could get the parcels up to capital level, just to give an example.

The truth is born in argument

8/20/2019 7:06:26 PM #4

Pretty sure you are able to build those buildings to upgrade once you have met the criteria. Not sure how it works DSS though.

Don't quote me🧐

- Grand Ambassador for Vornair, Protector of the Ash Forest, Lord of Ashford.

8/20/2019 7:10:21 PM #5

I would like to know this in detail please. There has been mix ups between whats been said on here but also discord.

Friend ID - DEB2A8

Grand Count of Grenbera

8/20/2019 7:11:38 PM #6

good question

8/20/2019 7:23:41 PM #7

Yes... will my town upgrade to a Capital tier on it's own :3

Novigrad County~ Together we stand strong and bring despair to those who dare cross us.

8/20/2019 8:02:45 PM #8

Posted By Ragontor at 8/20/2019 7:06:26 PM

Pretty sure you are able to build those buildings to upgrade once you have met the criteria. Not sure how it works DSS though.

Don't quote me🧐

It is possible to do so in actual game - but I’m more interested in the actual DSS.

8/21/2019 11:14:33 PM #9

This would be handy info for sure. Especially since a lot of Mayors are looking at Villages that want to upgrade to a Town.

8/22/2019 12:17:11 AM #10

I for sure would like to see the building added in DS&S if the parcel and population numbers were there due to tokens/titles and such.

If nothing else, it would be a nice gesture towards the (mostly) patient title holders that would like to see their new domains growing from the point they should be at now, rather than wait for Expo to add what should already be there.

8/22/2019 12:19:40 AM #11

Posted By Ravenlute at 7:14 PM - Wed Aug 21 2019

This would be handy info for sure. Especially since a lot of Mayors are looking at Villages that want to upgrade to a Town.

I’m looking at a hamlet. I’m not sure about other areas but my duchy, at least half the settlements are either hamlets or villages. Lots of the mayors will have to upgrade during DSS or expo.

8/22/2019 6:16:33 PM #12

This should really be clarified, since apparently surrounding settlements get locked when you add levels to a village/city/capital. Will you be able to see what settlements are getting consumed or even control which ones are being consumed when you are adding parcels. This is especially important for recipients of Tale of Two Hamlet packages. When planning, you wouldn't want to lose the sister village that's a convenient 1 km away.

8/23/2019 7:23:58 PM #13

Bump :) - spread the thread people.

8/23/2019 7:59:05 PM #14

The lack of information is beyond me, so many variables concerning + bonuses, upgrades, professions,

Hopefully there will be a very lengthy DJ / UPDATE, or two, Before the launch of DSS, so the community can better understand what they are dropping themselves into, what's going to be required if them in such a domain at launch, what there community NPC workforce actually does, and there surrounding demographics after DSS taking into considerations of + bonuses.

Many Cooperating Hands Make Light Work.

Progress With Unity.

8/23/2019 9:10:35 PM #15

Great question. This is definitely something we need clarified.