COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Town management UI

So there was talk about town management UI some time in the past... If I remember correctly it was used in towns or bigger settlements Link to wiki - see Town Government. However, there seems to be a lot of settlements which are villages or hamlets so is town -size still a minimum requirement for town management UI?

I'm asking this because it might affect in choosing our settlements and adding stuff to them with EP. Personally I would like to see extra UI for managing my settlement even if it's not town sized settlement.

Backer #12. Friend code: 9B7EDE.

Kypiq mayor of Willowhaven - Crossstone - Whiteraven Rock - Tryggr

Join Whiteraven Rock Discord (https://discord.gg/ppTBAqs)

8/21/2019 12:55:24 PM #1

I don't think it's possible because there aren't management mechanics even in hamlets or villages iirc. From what I remember a hamlet or village is basically just a group of land owners coming together, mechanically I don't think they have access to mechanics that would give them need for a land management table.

I don't know anymore.

8/21/2019 12:57:50 PM #2

Posted By Nahkahiiri

I'm asking this because it might affect in choosing our settlements and adding stuff to them with EP. Personally I would like to see extra UI for managing my settlement even if it's not town sized settlement.

I think you'll get a UI, at least above the hamlet level for managing who owns/rents what but the stuff like zoning laws and Town Charter etc I'm pretty sure you need a town hall for (whether or not you can put a town hall into a hamlet is an interesting question)

Coming Soon(tm)

8/21/2019 4:47:51 PM #3

There will always be some sort of management UI, the scope of that UI seems to change at higher tiers; ie; in a hamlet/village you still have UI's to manage buildings, but you cant manage the town as a whole

https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Settlement

"As a hamlet/village, there's no special UI and they basically just work with their fellow hamlet or village elders to decide where to put plots of food, wells, and other small buildings. That’s it. Beyond that they can play however they want.

As a Town and above, there's a Town Management UI which lets you see your boundaries, zone parcels of land for leasing (residential, commercial, industrial), monitor settlement resources and taxes, and lets you identify where you want different types of structures to be built. This is, as you guessed, a table, much like the Count has, which goes in the Town Hall. Through this table, people can see the "town plan". And can work to bring the mayor’s vision of the town to life."