COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Setlement upgrade pack

So, we now have mayor/country upgrades but a setlement upgrade pack should be a good option for any noble so you can upgrade a small setlement during DSS, for many reasons: you want the small coastal hamlet, or the small village with a quarry (not the bigger setlement with...uhn..textiles?).

I dont know if is possible..or people want..just thinking aloud.

Bad idea?

8/23/2019 8:41:39 AM #1

Isn't that what EP is for?

8/23/2019 9:15:54 AM #2

yes this is what Ep is used on specifically buildings and roads and possibly land i believe

Friend Code: 6DEF22

8/23/2019 9:21:52 AM #3

Yes, but we cant use EP during DSS, so a ''setlement upgrade kit'' is a way to pick, as a count, hamlets or villages, if you want a specific location..or just rise your population and land, during DSS.

8/23/2019 9:25:40 AM #4

Posted By Desdark at 11:21 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Yes, but we cant use EP during DSS, so a ''setlement upgrade kit'' is a way to pick, as a count, hamlets or villages, if you want a specific location..or just rise your population and land, during DSS.

Maybe I just don't get your point. But that's all stuff that has no relevance untill expo anyway,or am I wrong? Afaik it really doesn't matter if you upgrade your hamlet now or in EP.

8/23/2019 9:49:54 AM #5

I assume OP wants an upgrade kit so he can see the effects of sustainability on upgrading while we're still in DSS. I sorta get this but frankly, nothing really matters until KoE/Expo anyway.

I'd argue that it's better to wait till KoE and begin to upgrade your settlement organically (and with greater control than an algorithm just randomly adding parcels) and then spending EP to polish the edges in Expo

Coming Soon(tm)

8/23/2019 9:54:35 AM #6

Posted By chipla at 11:49 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

I assume OP wants an upgrade kit so he can see the effects of sustainability on upgrading while we're still in DSS. I sorta get this but frankly, nothing really matters until KoE/Expo anyway.

I'd argue that it's better to wait till KoE and begin to upgrade your settlement organically (and with greater control than an algorithm just randomly adding parcels) and then spending EP to polish the edges in Expo

Right, I forgot about KoE. Yeah would make sense to offer something like that in KoE maybe. Depends on how it will work I guess.

8/23/2019 10:31:28 AM #7

I think this is so that a Count can pick a Hamlet or Village if they want to. As of now a Count is forced to pick a Town or larger sized settlement when they go to claim their Capitol settlement.

Something I've been pushing for with multi-title Counts for a while now.

8/23/2019 10:34:58 AM #8

Posted By Atogrim at 10:54 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Right, I forgot about KoE. Yeah would make sense to offer something like that in KoE maybe. Depends on how it will work I guess.

Everyone forgets KoE :D

Coming Soon(tm)

8/23/2019 1:01:10 PM #9

Posted By chipla at 06:34 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Posted By Atogrim at 10:54 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Everyone forgets KoE :D

Just like "Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition"...

Duhn, dun, dunn....

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

8/23/2019 1:28:14 PM #10

I completely understand why the author of the OP would want this. I completely understand how it could be helpful to know this during DSS. The difference between this idea and the idea of letting mayors upgrade to "Count Lite" status is that without the "Count Lite" status upgrade, Mayors had no chance to pick a large number of settlements that would be available during their phase. Now they have that option. They may or may not like the pricing but they have the option and that is enough. Clearly by the numbers being sold, that option is reasonable.

Adding some kind of package to allow you to upgrade a settlement on the dss map doesnt exactly provide an option where one didnt exist before since, as others have pointed out, you get to do that during Expo.

It's an interesting idea though, who knows. SBS did just prove that they are listening to the community with these ideas so it absolutely doesnt hurt to throw these ideas out there and see if they stick.

8/23/2019 7:16:44 PM #11

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 10:28 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

I completely understand why the author of the OP would want this. I completely understand how it could be helpful to know this during DSS. The difference between this idea and the idea of letting mayors upgrade to "Count Lite" status is that without the "Count Lite" status upgrade, Mayors had no chance to pick a large number of settlements that would be available during their phase. Now they have that option. They may or may not like the pricing but they have the option and that is enough. Clearly by the numbers being sold, that option is reasonable.

Adding some kind of package to allow you to upgrade a settlement on the dss map doesnt exactly provide an option where one didnt exist before since, as others have pointed out, you get to do that during Expo.

It's an interesting idea though, who knows. SBS did just prove that they are listening to the community with these ideas so it absolutely doesnt hurt to throw these ideas out there and see if they stick.

Yes!

If enough people show show interest...