COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
My mayor title

So, it's been brought to my attention that even though I purchased a mayoral title that there is not enough towns to mayor's (once the locked towns are discounted due to being a counts).

And a post from Caspian stating that unless I am in a town then I am just a village elder.

So I would like a reply from SBS to state.

1) does a mayor need a town or above? 2) is there enough towns for all the mayor's? 3) if I don't get a town because I let everyone else pick before me, and your therefore not selling me what I paid for, are you going to refund since you over sold the product?

8/23/2019 11:27:47 AM #1

Posted By Sir_Skylos at

So, it's been brought to my attention that even though I purchased a mayoral title that there is not enough towns to mayor's (once the locked towns are discounted due to being a counts).

And a post from Caspian stating that unless I am in a town then I am just a village elder.

So I would like a reply from SBS to state.

1) does a mayor need a town or above? 2) is there enough towns for all the mayor's? 3) if I don't get a town because I let everyone else pick before me, and your therefore not selling me what I paid for, are you going to refund since you over sold the product?

Wording. You fell for the wording. Like a lot of ppl. Hence SBS alredy posted a clarification:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32570/mayor-packages-explained

8/23/2019 11:27:49 AM #2

Is probably the two posts Skylos is referring to.

Also someone said that towns are now locked for mayors, if the county doesn't have more than 1 town. ((And there's quite a lot of counties with only 1 town)) so I imagine that'll decrease the number of towns available as well.

So I think this is where the confusion stems from Atogrim.

8/23/2019 11:29:32 AM #3

Posted By Liva at 1:27 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Is probably the two posts Skylos is referring to.

Also someone said that towns are now locked for mayors, if the county doesn't have more than 1 town. ((And there's quite a lot of counties with only 1 town)) so I imagine that'll decrease the number of towns available as well.

That's terribly outdate.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32570/mayor-packages-explained

That's SBS actuall take on the topic.

8/23/2019 11:41:36 AM #4

A short TLDR for OP and those visiting this post wondering the same thing

the "Mayor Package" you bought gives you the ability to pick a settlement and be the "Chief Executive" of said settlement, and hold majority vote

the "mayor" title is actually a misunderstood concept here what you title would actually be:

Hamlet and village: Village elder (but you would still have majority vote and Be chief executive unlike other "village elders" in your settlement)

Town: Mayor

City: Magistrate

Capital: Governor

now its easy to misinterpret those titles because the mayor package tier had those same names, those are two separate things, at a Town level you get access to the land management UI, without that you just hold a vote among the village elders, which, since you hold Majority vote, you win the vote

you don't lose anything from choosing a smaller settlement:

"However, while your personal benefits don't change based on the size of the settlement, the different settlement sizes do have different features associated with them. For example, the land management table is a feature of a town or larger sized settlement, so a mayor title holder that settles in a village or a hamlet will need to grow their settlement into a town to enable that feature." - Snipe

meme: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284491509947170817/614355442902106112/Z.png

Mayor of Gartalia, A short distance south of the Holy Capital of Victrovia, Melonia - Friend Code: 464345

8/23/2019 12:07:35 PM #5

So from what I read in snipes post its:

Hey everyone buy a mayor title

Oh by the way your not a mayor now...

8/23/2019 12:15:20 PM #6

Posted By Sir_Skylos at 2:07 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

I am not sure what you are picking at tbh. You are the ruler of the town/village/hamlet/whatnot. Hence you are the mayor. As long as you keep the majority of the votes nobody will be able to overrule you. Yeah they messed up the titles, ok, sucks and fosters unnecessary confusion. But that's it. The power stays the same no matter which size you pick.

8/23/2019 12:18:52 PM #7

Posted By Sir_Skylos at 05:07 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

...?

looks at my reply

looks at Skylos' reply

looks at mine again

looks at Snipehunter's post

I'm sorry what?

Mayor of Gartalia, A short distance south of the Holy Capital of Victrovia, Melonia - Friend Code: 464345

8/23/2019 12:32:28 PM #8

Posted By NightTarot at 1:18 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

...?

looks at my reply

looks at Skylos' reply

looks at mine again

I'm sorry what?

And its sarcasm and stupidity like this that stops people asking question or joining the game. The community went from fun, interesting people pre kickstarter to absolute white knighting dicks.

For simplicity I bought a title, it stated mayor (more accurately baron), that's what I paid for, that's what I was promised and that's what I expect.

Now I'm told I haven't actually paid for the advertised mayorship (or barony). No, what I've actually paid for is the chance to run a settlement maybe as a village elder.

Also I am now open to potentially having a group of people starting in this hamlet I'm now forced into, buying loads of parcels off the store and forcing me to lose my "mayorship" during exposition.

8/23/2019 12:39:08 PM #9

Let me ask you this:

did you actually read my original reply?

did you actually read snipehunters post?

do you not understand that nowhere, was I being stupid or sarcastic, you just don't make any sense to me, I can't comprehend how you interpreted any of the answers you got

8/23/2019 12:44:30 PM #10

Posted By Sir_Skylos at 2:32 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Posted By NightTarot at 1:18 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

...?

looks at my reply

looks at Skylos' reply

looks at mine again

I'm sorry what?

And its sarcasm and stupidity like this that stops people asking question or joining the game. The community went from fun, interesting people pre kickstarter to absolute white knighting dicks.

For simplicity I bought a title, it stated mayor (more accurately baron), that's what I paid for, that's what I was promised and that's what I expect.

Now I'm told I haven't actually paid for the advertised mayorship (or barony). No, what I've actually paid for is the chance to run a settlement maybe as a village elder.

Also I am now open to potentially having a group of people starting in this hamlet I'm now forced into, buying loads of parcels off the store and forcing me to lose my "mayorship" during exposition.

I will try it one last time. As long as you have the majority of votes....all that doesn't matter. You put the land up for grabs, not the rest of the supposed elders. This is about power. This power is with you and not with the rest of the people in you town. That's why you are the mayor.

If this was soley about the title for you....ok, than there is nothing I or anybody else can do for you. In that case you will either have to grab a town (talking to your counts might help with that btw) or you must upgrade whatever you where able to pick. Non the less, your function in you settelment will stay the same, no matter how big or small it is.

And if you are aiming for Baron, it matters even less who is with you in your settelment, because Baronys work different.

8/23/2019 12:47:38 PM #11

Posted By Sir_Skylos at 1:32 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

No, what I've actually paid for is the chance to run a settlement maybe as a village elder.

I mean SbS have been fairly consistent in saying not every settlement ruler will get a town, it was mentioned several times both during the Kickstarter and since.

Firstly, you're not really forced into anything, if you're desperate to run a town I'm 90% sure there will be one somewhere on Selene for you to run. If you want to run a town in Al'Khezam, or in a particular duchy or county in Al'Khezam your chances of getting a town drop (probably significantly) but that's not SbS or the game forcing you to do anything.

Secondly, as to losing your 'mayorship' to groups incorporating parcels into a settlement the elders/council have to vote - you have the majority vote, just reject them.

Thirdly, you are going to lose your title, I'm going to lose mine, your count is going to lose his titles, and your duke and your king are going to lose theirs. That is part of the game. Even if you were to select a town at DSS and become a mayor there are a myriad of ways for you to lose your title and your settlement.

Coming Soon(tm)

8/23/2019 12:48:26 PM #12

It's about SBS selling one thing and then 3 years later saying that isn't what was bought.

Personally I am sorted but the point is SBS have screwed plenty of backers out of what they perceived they were buying.

8/23/2019 12:49:50 PM #13

Posted By chipla at 2:47 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Posted By Sir_Skylos at 1:32 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

No, what I've actually paid for is the chance to run a settlement maybe as a village elder.

I mean SbS have been fairly consistent in saying not every settlement ruler will get a town, it was mentioned several times both during the Kickstarter and since.

Firstly, you're not really forced into anything, if you're desperate to run a town I'm 90% sure there will be one somewhere on Selene for you to run. If you want to run a town in Al'Khezam, or in a particular duchy or county in Al'Khezam your chances of getting a town drop (probably significantly) but that's not SbS or the game forcing you to do anything.

Secondly, as to losing your 'mayorship' to groups incorporating parcels into a settlement the elders/council have to vote - you have the majority vote, just reject them.

Thirdly, you are going to lose your title, I'm going to lose mine, your count is going to lose his titles, and your duke and your king are going to lose theirs. That is part of the game. Even if you were to select a town at DSS and become a mayor there are a myriad of ways for you to lose your title and your settlement.

Quoting for truth and empasis. Because that's kind of what this whole game is about. If you aren't prepared for that you possibly picked the wrong game in the first place.

8/23/2019 12:53:25 PM #14

Posted By Sir_Skylos at 05:48 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

It's about SBS selling one thing and then 3 years later saying that isn't what was bought.

Personally I am sorted but the point is SBS have screwed plenty of backers out of what they perceived they were buying.

The "Mayor" package just like many other marketing schemes, is giving you what you want, just not with the name you were expecting, you still rule your settlement regardless, there's no loss of power

8/23/2019 12:54:46 PM #15

Posted By Sir_Skylos at 2:48 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

I am really no white knight. I am extremly sceptical if this game will EVER go live. But what you are saying here is simply not true. The fact that you aren't willing to even remotly read what we are telling you doesn't change that. That being said, if you don't want your title anymore I am sure you will find people that are willing to take it off your hands shrugs.