COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Mayor Settlement Pick
+0

I think there should be further consideration on the Settlement limitation on Mayors.

For example, my intention had been to hold off on buying a countship until the auction after D&SS. If one suited me, I would choose a small county, pick the town, or higher, then at auction buy the countship.

With this new rule, the only way I could do that is to later on expand the hamlet or village to Town size using EP.

My thought, which I have seen expressed by others in other posts, is by the time it gets to the mayors time to pick, the counts have already picked, so the Mayors shouldn't be limited on pick in favor of the NPC counts.

(As for the Count Lite packages, you could set the Mayors picks to a week later, and have a week that the Mayors who buy the packages switch to in order of purchase)

Just a thought :-)

8/23/2019 4:02:49 PM #1
+0

That solution keeps glossing over the fact that this world is one that has been lived in for awhile. How does one square the Count being sequestered into a hamlet without any of the resources to perform his duties as count? I get trying to prioritize Players and backers but that leads to things that just don't make any sense.

If the idea is to just automagically boost the NPC Counts settlement to a Town+ settlement, then what you are functionally asking SBS to do is force 2 towns per county almost across the board.

8/23/2019 4:04:20 PM #2
+1

Counts aren't locked into only picking during their week...so it is possible some counts may not pick during that week and could roll over to mayor week picks. Also, there is reverse auction and the rule is if only 1 town+ it is held as the county seat for the count.

Duchy of Ulvemåne

8/23/2019 4:11:44 PM #3
+0

Stelaphina, I am aware, my thought on counts who don’t pick for two weeks is, “you snooze, you lose,” lol.

With the duchies in Ashland, most counties don’t have more than one Town, so limiting choice makes the auction a pain in the butt, lol.

Thus why I’m suggesting the rule change.

Either way, I’m certain I will have my settlement leveled up to Town+ by expo, I would just prefer not having the limitation applied unnecessarily.

8/23/2019 4:32:25 PM #4
+0

Lol, be happy you're getting a pick at all. There's a couple of towns & villages I want, but I'm only a proprietor because I was waiting.

Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together.

8/23/2019 5:18:27 PM #5
+0

Posted By Abyshay at 11:32 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Lol, be happy you're getting a pick at all. There's a couple of towns & villages I want, but I'm only a proprietor because I was waiting.

Ouch, lol, that sucks

Though there is always the option to found a new town :-)

8/23/2019 5:49:03 PM #6
+0

Posted By DanielBlack at 09:11 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Stelaphina, I am aware, my thought on counts who don’t pick for two weeks is, “you snooze, you lose,” lol.

With the duchies in Ashland, most counties don’t have more than one Town, so limiting choice makes the auction a pain in the butt, lol.

Thus why I’m suggesting the rule change.

Either way, I’m certain I will have my settlement leveled up to Town+ by expo, I would just prefer not having the limitation applied unnecessarily.

One of the mayors I didn't have room for was facing that very dilemma. He solved it by upgrading to the mayor slot count pick to make sure he could get a town wherever he found one.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland