COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
What can Kypiq ride?

I start with the following and I'm sure other forms of transpiration will be invented or discovered... but to start, what can Kypiq ride besides wagons and carts?

• A pack mule to ride and haul your gear
  • Choose 1 of 5 in-game pets to call your own
  • A Horse and saddlebags
  • A purebred horse for breeding or travelling
  • Choose between an Ursaphant mount and an armored War Trison

9/10/2019 5:58:16 AM #1

Kypiqs are getting a mount unique to their size. But also heard that they can ride Canis Rabbits.

9/10/2019 6:01:37 AM #2

Leffits will be an option, I assume

/joking

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

9/10/2019 6:11:29 AM #3

Veteran, I suppose that the usual mounts will have adapted saddlers at the launch (because I never read otherwise). But for the trison and ursaphant, the studio specified that they will need to research the saddlers for their size.

Respect and trust!

9/10/2019 9:50:51 AM #4

Well at least the current descriptions says “larger mounts are unusable” and that way I would guess that everything lager than e.g. maybe already a mule will not be possible and I do not think that will change with new tech/saddles. That has a simple reason if that would change also the other races would have justified claims to also get the possibility to ride the small animals e.g. the mentioned Canis Rabbit…it might look funny the first time you see a Brudvir riding a small animal but I do not think that is something you would like to see every day. ;)

I would guess the small races simply get other animals to ride that have a comparable size/usage out of their view e.g. boars, tigers or simply miniaturized versions of the Ursaphant.

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.

9/10/2019 2:33:25 PM #5

Hannibal marched an army across the Alps using elephants...

I've ridden elephants with "non-standard" saddles...

My kids have ridden miniature ponies...

Worse case the Kypiq have war-trained beasts of burden and ride trapped and trained warges as in The Lord of the Rings.

9/10/2019 2:39:06 PM #6

Kypiq should develop an Ursaphant mass transit system ala Flintstones.

9/10/2019 2:46:12 PM #7

I don't think they've said that Cannis Rabbits can be ridden, but I know a number of us Kypiq have the goal in mind of domesticating them and training them to do so. Same with those wolf pets that were buyable a while back.

Some day maybe we'll tame winged animals for riding... Phoenix Riders ftw?

Survival, Whatever the Cost, We Shall Endure| Marthanais, Cibé an Costas, An mbeidh muid Mairfidh| Pledged to Vornair, Pledged to Erzhalden, Pledged to Volsung, Freyr of Kjalstead

9/10/2019 3:20:54 PM #8

They can hollow out a brudvir and use it as a mech warrior

9/10/2019 3:36:32 PM #9

Posted By Cerbus at 11:20 AM - Tue Sep 10 2019

They can hollow out a brudvir and use it as a mech warrior

The kypiq are parasites, so I can see this working.

"Life...is strength. This is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world." - Jon Irenicus

9/10/2019 5:54:57 PM #10

What I know for sure is that saddles will be able to be modified for any animal size. And there is the genetic system which will allow to change, in time, the size of an animal. So, many possibilities, just not from beginning.

Respect and trust!

9/10/2019 6:02:29 PM #11

Posted By Veteran at

What can Kypiq ride?

Anything.

Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toil of war have I fought and strove and perished countless times before So as through a glass, darkly, the age old strife I see - for I've fought in many guises, many names, but always me.

9/10/2019 6:08:06 PM #12

I would like to see Kypiq ride Yoru -- a whole Master/Blaster thing.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

9/10/2019 7:12:45 PM #13

Anything is a mount if you're brave enough.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

9/10/2019 7:34:55 PM #14

Posted By Beathan at 11:08 AM - Tue Sep 10 2019

I would like to see Kypiq ride Yoru -- a whole Master/Blaster thing.

I dont know if I'd trust a kypiq to run bartertown.

Count of Raberre's Rest

9/10/2019 7:40:25 PM #15

Hey, a Brudvir and a Kypiq makes a Hrothi, I figure a Kypiq and a Yoru would make smurfs.

But that's a different kind of ride.

Survival, Whatever the Cost, We Shall Endure| Marthanais, Cibé an Costas, An mbeidh muid Mairfidh| Pledged to Vornair, Pledged to Erzhalden, Pledged to Volsung, Freyr of Kjalstead