COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
present vs. most abundant

First I apologize if this has been asked before but search really isn't providing the wanted answer.

OK. You have 2 coastal towns. One is "coastal water: present"

The other is "coastal waters: most abundant"

So if you wanted to build a port is it reasonable to assume you would want "most abundant" or is it a crap shoot either way?

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

9/11/2019 8:04:01 PM #1

You can build a port either way. But you may have better odds that a port already exists if Coastal Waters is the most abundant feature of that settlement.

9/11/2019 10:03:43 PM #2

It's hard to say. Hieronymus could be correct.

How I interpret it is that in the "coastal waters: most abundant" scenario, there are no other resources or features that are worth listing; whereas in the "coastal water: present" option, there are other prominent resources, other than just coast.

Friend Code: CB1D33

9/12/2019 2:29:57 AM #3

It's a crap shoot, but it's the only information we have on resources. Coastal water being the most abundant resource could mean that the availability of other resources is really substandard, compared to other places. Some other things to look at are the professions, both top and notable, sustainability, and wealth rating. Abundance is rated relative to other resources in the settlement, while the other attributes can be validly compared to those of other settlements.

9/12/2019 11:20:14 AM #4

Posted By Poldano at 10:29 PM - Wed Sep 11 2019

It's a crap shoot, but it's the only information we have on resources. Coastal water being the most abundant resource could mean that the availability of other resources is really substandard, compared to other places. Some other things to look at are the professions, both top and notable, sustainability, and wealth rating. Abundance is rated relative to other resources in the settlement, while the other attributes can be validly compared to those of other settlements.

That's how I would interpret it

9/12/2019 4:05:08 PM #5

I had the same thought in another area. Minerals as most abundant is very rare so when I found one I get excited. But the settlement has very little else resources wise so now i'm thinking it has no more minerals then average but rather all the other resources are so low it makes average stand out.

9/12/2019 7:24:21 PM #6

That's a good point. A settlement could have three trees, one rock, and one lump of iron and wood would be the most abundant resource. It seems to be more of a guide for potential focuses of the location and not a measure of quality of that location overall if a key resource is marked as most abundant.