COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
Claiming Bug on Google Chrome

I just wanted to report an error that was shared with me today as it could affect others in the community. Attempting to claim a county using Google Chrome at the designated time generated the following error:

The "claim" button was enabled and the process worked right up until the submission form, but the form could not be submitted. The error message shown in red is what appeared on the page.

There was a workaround to the problem. Use Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome, so on the surface, there appears to be a browser compatibility issue.

The user who encountered this was also a proxy for another account that had a selection at a later time, in case that's relevant.

9/12/2019 2:27:18 AM #1

Thanks for posting this!

9/12/2019 2:38:11 AM #2

first question to ask is "Did you clear your cache before you got the error?"

9/14/2019 10:59:26 PM #3

Posted By Xanne at 9:38 PM - Wed Sep 11 2019

first question to ask is "Did you clear your cache before you got the error?"

You mean, like, simply refreshing the page? I personally would've done this before even trying to claim.

I use Google Chrome too, but I'm surprised this is the first I'm hearing of the problem.

9/14/2019 11:05:04 PM #4

Interesting... I simply will not use Edge/IE so I wonder if this is a known, if infrequent, bug that will affect Baron/Mayor picks next week.

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

9/15/2019 6:14:44 AM #5

I had no problems using Chrome to chose my county/settlement.

9/15/2019 8:12:48 AM #6

Good pick up, Hieronymus.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

9/15/2019 4:04:39 PM #7

We have had hundreds of players pick on Chrome, there is no compatibility issue on Chrome.

If you haven't cleared your cache or logged out recently your system wont have updated the D&SS app so some data you have will conflict with other data.

Every single person I spoke to so far that has this error was able to log out, clear their cache, log back in, and pick accurately.

I recommend trying this as there is no chrome incompatibility. Thank you.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

9/16/2019 4:04:05 AM #8

I have made my own pick and other proxy picks perfectly fine on Chrome.

9/16/2019 7:14:16 PM #9

Made my selection today without issues using Chrome.