COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Exposition Points

Exposition Points are expensive. I'm having trouble matching up the offerings with the little bit of map of my settlement I can see so far.

I would be more comfortable going forward if Exposition Point offerings are made much more clear and detailed. (I would also look forward to better maps so I can see what is possible around the place I picked to set up my little fantasy.)

The info on the wiki looks a bit stale. I could use more information in this area. Thanks.

6D242B

9/26/2019 7:01:49 PM #1

I'm a bit confused about what you're asking? Do you mean prices for the items you can eventually buy with EP? The wiki is fairly up to date as far as i know on that front.

ref This game was a dream. Its dead now.

9/26/2019 7:06:21 PM #2

I want more info about what the items are since they don't exactly match the needs I think I will have.

My village will need to fulfill three roles, if I am reading the map right. We need to be agricultural, commercial, and to some extent defensive. What packages fit us?

We want a small trade school. Will that be available?

Why is there no basketry profession?

etc.

6D242B

9/26/2019 7:33:44 PM #3

Basketmaking is a profession.

Various kits are limited by your rank, so you can't buy the entire military kit, but you can purchase the mayor-level Defense Kit and then additional items, by themselves, as needed to customize the settlement.

Schools are included in the ducal-level Technology kit, but you should be able to purchase a school by itself.

9/26/2019 7:44:19 PM #4

I just don't know what fits, Sohei, and I don't want to buy something we don't need. I also wish some other stuff was available.

I am just Mayor of a small village that could grow into something.

Our village is on an important trade route surrounded by land that looks agricultural. We are on the border of our kingdom. We can be very valuable to our community with a combination of goals.

I guess if I wanted to, I could buy all of the packages. But even then, the packages don't have everything I want in them.

Like my trade school, and basketry. Update.

6D242B

9/26/2019 7:46:16 PM #5

Sohei, why am I not seeing basketry as a profession in the wiki re ep?

not to derail about basketry, it is just an example of something that could be very important to my village and community. We are in a tropical region.

6D242B

9/26/2019 7:59:37 PM #6

Basketmaker as a profession is on the wiki. Do you mean a profession kit?

9/26/2019 8:20:02 PM #7

You can buy things a la carte from the packages you can't buy due to your not having the required rank. For all you know, what you want will be in the EP store, so it is best to wait until the store is actually open, then if you see something that you want that isn't there, then make a post requesting it.

9/27/2019 7:34:56 AM #8

You wont spend Ep until you are in game so other then for pre planning id say just wait till expo and expand as you play. Its not a requirement to spend it all in the first day. I plan to play my area alittle and grow my plans from there. The map we have is not good enough to plan off of so idd just wait instead of spending to much time or money on something you are just hoping to be true.

9/27/2019 10:19:46 AM #9

Basketmaking is the job of a cooper along with buckets casks and barrels I would imagine

9/27/2019 11:46:34 AM #10

Try searching for references to basket maker Instead of basketry. :)

The entry on this post may help.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32708/dss-professions-what-are-they-even