COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
I am looking for a start. Friends?

I only know 1 person who is playing the game and they chose the Elyrian Pledge, I plan on purchasing the proprietor pledge. So, I assume everyone needs the handyman, but who do I turn to to establish it? Lets get to know each-other because I want this companionship to last a long time, and if it doesn't... well, make it worth my while :D I want to be able to have choices on where I start based on relationship since I don't really know anyone in the game yet.

I am hard working, determined, and ready to mingle. :o

I am that of which lies between darkness of the night and the illumination of suns light.

9/27/2019 7:11:29 AM #1

The best thing to do is to acquaint yourself with the people to the extent you can. The Forums are a reasonable place to start, but should be supplemented by visits to the CoE Discord as soon as you feel comfortable. I say continued visits because the cast of characters changes, and you want to get a good breadth of samples. After that, you should familiarize yourself with the various kingdoms on the various servers, and pick one or several to concentrate on, based on server convenience (lag, basically) and personal fit.

As a Proprietor, you will be more directly involved in community relations and politics than a basic Adventurer will likely be, just because you will be owning land and/or setting up a business. Each of these makes picking up and moving to someplace more suitable more difficult, because you may very well be giving up a bit of real money and/or real time investment, the former in the form of any static property you have spent EP on, the latter in the form of any goodwill and personal relationships you have established in your original location.

9/27/2019 7:13:06 AM #2

Which server will you be playing on?

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

9/27/2019 7:21:40 AM #3

The first thing ofcourse is to decide which server you will be playing on.

All servers have atleast 4 kingdoms to choose from, all of these host 3-5 tribes of mann (Not necessarily majorities). Atleast didnt see any kingdoms only having 2 so far.

The 2nd things is choosing a community which you like and see if they got your prefered tribe, in most cases the will have them somewhere.

9/27/2019 8:06:04 AM #4

As already suggested you should at first chose the server and as you would like to play with others it would be reasonable to choose the one close to your time zone.

Next I would suggest taking a look at Servers Domains and reading about the Kingdoms. Whatever organization or region you chose you will be part of a kingdom and this way you should like the general focus.

If you found a fitting kingdom take a look at the duchy/counties or organizations. Most of them are mentioning in what kingdom they will be active and what their goals are. If you finally found a good one make an application.

If you would be a at least a mayor there would be rules you have to follow on choosing your tribe but as you are a normal citizen you can finally chose whatever tribe you like the most but of course the kingdom, duchy, county or settlement might have restrictions you have to observe. In most cases I guess it would be best to choose one of the already in the region living tribes as this way the chances to suffer disadvantages because of the region would be minimal. (e.g. the Dras easily burn in sunnier biomes and are that way not resident in those regions)

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.

9/27/2019 8:15:04 AM #5

Welcome to the forums

9/27/2019 8:44:51 AM #6

Welcome to the forums and the game.

As others have said decide on a server.

But then my advice is find a tribe you like, check the maps, find what kingdoms that tribe is in.

Head to those kingdoms forums, a lot have open rooms for discussion. You will find plenty of counts and mayors looking for other players. Myself included.

I came to these forums before servers and tribes but I got myself discord, found a community that interested me and joined it. Since then I have made friends from multiple places that I play DND with, game alongside and just generally have a laugh with.

Internet friends are just as good as RL friends

9/28/2019 2:37:01 AM #7

You all are great, thanks for the help.

I am that of which lies between darkness of the night and the illumination of suns light.

9/28/2019 6:08:07 AM #8

Welcome to the forums OP, you couldn't have picked a better game to buy yourself some friends in.

🤣

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

9/28/2019 9:33:26 AM #9

Welcome to Elyria! I hope you have tons fun.

As for finding friends, I recommend the following. First, decide which server you'd like to play on (NA-W, NA-E, EU, OC). Then I'd recommend reading up on the tribes and professions. If you also have a strong preference for biome (FE: I dislike playing in barren biomes), I also recommend taking a peek at the biomes. The DSS map is very informative too.

Once you have a rough idea of what you'd like to play as were, I recommend finding the kingdom which suits you best. All kingdoms have topics on the forums. Most duchies have as well and even quite a few counties too. Find one with a community you like :).

9/28/2019 9:35:14 AM #10

Posted By FeralDrop at

I only know 1 person who is playing the game and they chose the Elyrian Pledge, I plan on purchasing the proprietor pledge. So, I assume everyone needs the handyman, but who do I turn to to establish it? Lets get to know each-other because I want this companionship to last a long time, and if it doesn't... well, make it worth my while :D I want to be able to have choices on where I start based on relationship since I don't really know anyone in the game yet.

I am hard working, determined, and ready to mingle. :o

Hello! We are happy to have you here . You can certainly join anyone you would like! I hope you find the city that you will fit in the best. You can certainly join me in my county if you would like.

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

9/28/2019 10:16:08 AM #11

Welcome to the server. I have read the comments and believe you got some good advise already.

The thing I second the most is to make a server choice first. Best is to look for a server that would give you the best connectivity based on your own location.

What population concerns; the US servers have the most pledged players at the moment. (Angelica & Luna) There is a server for Australia and Asia (Oceanus) which isn't that dense populated with pledged players. The last one is is for Europa (Selene) and holds more pledged players then Oceanus.

Personally I don't think that more pledge players is better, but that is something you decide. Less gives more opportunity to do your thing in smaller communities. There are a lot of those around on the servers. Besides team players are welcomed everywhere.

I hope you find what you are looking for and maybe we will meet in game. (I play on Selene in the Kingdom of Arkadia and will manage a small settlement myself)