COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Weather patterns for biomes

I hope this hasn't already been answered elsewhere here, apologies if it was. I will be playing in the North-western part of Bordweall; I'm wondering, is the weather considered mild in that part of the biome, or temperate? I'm in the process of acquiring some kits, so obviously I want to buy the right ones. I can't seem to find that info. Thanks.

9/29/2019 5:59:14 AM #1

Some of us have asked for specificity with respect to biomes and climate zones. I don't think it has been delivered. There have been explanations in some instances, but I cannot recall ever seeing, for example, a table associating biomes and climates.

One thing that was recently mentioned is that seed kits will generally work one climate zone to either side of their ideal zone. Another serious concern, not entirely related to climate temperature, is the availability of fresh water. In many cases, that can be answered by looking at the resource availability in the domains and settlements of the area(s) you have in mind.

Boardweall is a Kingdom 5, so its primary biomes are grassland steppe, woodland savanna, and marsh. I regard the first as temperate, the second as subtropical, and the third as tropical. "Northwest" is not entirely precise, but I can reasonably assume that it is grassland steppe, and therefore temperate with moderate rainfall. It would probably serve you well to ask others of your kingdom, especially your prospective local mayors and nobles, what their advice is.

10/3/2019 11:56:48 PM #2

The same advice I been giving allot of threads is to just wait till exposition to make those decisions. That is litterally what exposition is all about. Trying to guess ahead of time is just silly as there are so much guess work till we are actually in the game.