COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Got a question.

A mayor wants me to run a tavern/inn in their town. I noticed that the town is small and does not have a Tavern. Will they be able to make one later on?

10/7/2019 1:56:18 PM #1

Yes, taverns can be built from blueprints, which will be for sale probably here in the SbS micro shop, when the game is live.

10/7/2019 1:57:22 PM #2

Yes, a tavern is the prerequisite for a Village, so he should be able to get one built as early as Exposition.

10/7/2019 5:49:20 PM #3

Posted By Ilyria at 09:56 AM - Mon Oct 07 2019

Yes, taverns can be built from blueprints, which will be for sale probably here in the SbS micro shop, when the game is live.

Hmm, no opportunity to find or buy a tavern blueprint via normal gameplay?

Hope not.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

10/7/2019 6:03:20 PM #4

Architects will be a thing people can be - I've no doubt there will be custom tavern designs available during and after Expo.

10/7/2019 6:18:30 PM #5

Posted By Kyleran at 12:49 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

Hope not.

I'm pretty sure the micro shop comment was sarcastic. Some people don't like how Soulbound is funding the game at the moment via the store and worry this will continue after launch.

There will almost certainly be a means to build taverns without micro-transactions.

10/7/2019 7:22:25 PM #6

There is no need for a cash transaction to build a tavern, at least not according to current information. An architect would be able to draw up a blueprint. It would be -faster- during exposition if a tavern was spawned in via EP, but if you prefer something more custom then you would probably need to build it.

ref This game was a dream. Its dead now.

10/7/2019 9:15:48 PM #7

Posted By Malkaven at 2:18 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

Hope not.

I'm pretty sure the micro shop comment was sarcastic. Some people don't like how Soulbound is funding the game at the moment via the store and worry this will continue after launch.

There will almost certainly be a means to build taverns without micro-transactions.

Ahh, the sort of comment I would typically be prone to make, but most know to never take me as an authority.

Thanks for clarifying.

😉

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

10/7/2019 10:45:31 PM #8

Posted By Kyleran at 4:15 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

Posted By Malkaven at 2:18 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

Hope not.

Ahh, the sort of comment I would typically be prone to make, but most know to never take me as an authority.

Thanks for clarifying.

😉

Well you got me. Nicely played. :P

10/8/2019 6:19:24 AM #9

As far as I understood the buildings you can see at the DSS map are buildings needed to sustain the current lvl of the settlement. To raise the lvl of a settlement from Hamlet to Village there needs to be at least one tavern in the settlement.

My guess would be that this “needed” buildings has to be non-private buildings the settlement owns to prevent that e.g. the last leaving innkeeper is lowering the lvl of a settlement to hamlet. This way you could either create a personal tavern on private land or the mayor is creating a contract that you are managing the "standard" tavern that is needed to keep the settlement at least a village.

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.