COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
SoE question, can we use titles then??

I would love to get a dev's reply, please.
If I have titles going into SoE can I use them?
Will SoE be a "cash only bar" or can titles still be used?
If they can, can double titles be used to claim a double county?

If it's cash only, with the rules of only going up and not lateral I would think double-counties are out, so this is why I'm curious to know if titles can still be used and double-county claiming still enabled.

10/8/2019 5:43:01 AM #1

It’s been stated several times that you can still use your titles during SoE. I’d dig up a quote for you but I’m on my phone right now.

10/8/2019 6:24:36 AM #2

Once they get over this hiccup and reopen dss, it's supposed to stay completely open for an unspecified amount of time for anyone with a title to still claim it at their convenience, so yes it will be open to still claiming with a normal title during the Settlers event.

As far as using the event to get a multi domain, the intent via discord has been said multiple times that you cannot buy domains laterally but can only move up in tier. This decision has never been finalized, so you may have to wait for the actual settlers announcement post, but I would not expect them to overturn this.

10/8/2019 7:05:35 AM #3

The OP started a thread specific to Alesia earlier, and the current question seems to be because the system is not allowing claims of count+ in Alesia until SoE. It seem silly to have to let your DSS timer expire, the DSS stage 2 expire, and HOPE that you can finally use your full price count upgrade to choose in Alesia during SoE. At this point, nobody has said for sure if the upgrade will be usable in Alesia even then. We've just been told that the upgrade will be usable someplace in the world, same as it has been outside of Alesia all along.

If the count upgrades were mot intended to be used in Alesia, they should have been clearly marked as such so Alesian people would not have bought them. Then all the people such as myself and the OP would not be in limbo trying to figure out what to do with these seemingly locked, unusable upgrades for our chosen Kingdom.

10/8/2019 7:10:27 AM #4

You can use them in Alésia. You have to wait for the reservations to be lifted. Which will be in Settlers of Elyria. It was stated you can claim during then with your titles. We are simply uncertain if it’ll let you apply them all and or allow you to select multiple domains.

The ops intention is not to buy a multidomain. It is to select with their multi titles for a multi domain.

The upgrades are in fact usable within Alésia. Seeing as I have 2 counts that are mayor to count upgrades. They selected before the cap hit for reservations.

10/8/2019 3:56:23 PM #5

I haven't let anything expire.
I did not have a timer.
I did not forget to lock my server.
I found the game after August 19th.

I now have count titles, as they were for sale in the store, I would like to claim in Alesia, but I understand there are the FK title holders that have places set aside for them but are not showing up, to claim, for whatever reason, leaving counties available. The entire kingdom is locked and you can not claim counties if you aren't a FK holder. I can not claim the counties I've worked out with the Duke would be a good fit. So, I have titles, can not claim because they are blocked and I'm just wondering if I can use them during SoE and can multi-claim during SoE.

10/8/2019 5:04:33 PM #6

Posted By Gearkhan at 4:56 PM - Tue Oct 08 2019

I haven't let anything expire.
I did not have a timer.
I did not forget to lock my server.

I now have count titles, as they were for sale in the store, I would like to claim in Alesia, but I understand there are the FK title holders that have places set aside for them but are not showing up, to claim, for whatever reason, leaving counties available. The entire kingdom is locked and you can not claim counties if you aren't a FK holder. I can not claim the counties I've worked out with the Duke would be a good fit. So, I have titles, can not claim because they are blocked and I'm just wondering if I can use them during SoE and can multi-claim during SoE.

the restriction only applies till it reopens or when settlers start I believe but I could be wrong.

10/8/2019 5:14:15 PM #7

Last we heard (yesterday) the lock on Alesia will be removed for SoE along with all other reservations.

10/8/2019 5:41:24 PM #8

Duffy where was that?

10/8/2019 5:49:38 PM #9

At this point finding multi domains will be tough, there are some available. But in SOE choices will be very limited for multi's

10/8/2019 6:22:45 PM #10

Posted By Gearkhan at 08:56 AM - Tue Oct 08 2019

you're a rank 12 that made your account last month? good heavens man it must have been love at first sight, I'm envious of that border

also, I hope you're able to find a place to call home where you're happy, welcome to the CoE community

Mayor of Gartalia, A short distance south of the Holy Capital of Victrovia, Melonia - Friend Code: 464345

10/8/2019 9:14:43 PM #11

Still hoping for a dev response, hopefully Snipe or Caspian.
@NightTarot, yeah, the game looks great and I've been reading up and watching all the stuff I can about the game and concept.
@Maulvorn, I've been told the locks were done after mayor claiming, they will be open in this open claiming, and that they aren't released until SoE, I just have no idea which is correct.
I haven't seen anything from Snipe or Caspian on it, except Snipe's post on SoE, which actually leads me to the speculation that titles won't work in SoE, from Snipe's news item (https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/32762/Settlers-of-Elyria-is-Coming); <excerpt>"...Shortly after the selection window closes for all classes of title holder, from monarch down to mayor, we will begin the Settlers of Elyria event..." this description makes me think title holder selection will be DONE; and then Snipe goes on to describe the new claiming mechanic as such, <excerpt>"...Settlers of Elyria begins, you will be able to browse the domains and settlements for each server and see their current prices. If you are locked to the server in question, you will be able to purchase any domain or settlement with a “buy now” button on its info panel...". With this description, my interpretation is that title claiming, indeed the BUTTON that was "CLAIM", will be gone, done, and replaced with a cash option.
Now, this is my interpretation, and can be completely off the mark, I just can not find anything clearer or definitive.
The reason I'm asking is that I have done a lot of planning around the location I was thinking I could claim, and if I have to move, that takes finding another community, a lot of socializing, all of that takes time, and I'd have to 'use' my titles during the 'soon-to-be-re-opened' open claiming. So there's not much time available if I have to switch plans in some way.

10/9/2019 2:51:27 AM #12

I've been continuing my google-foo and I found the post from Snipe on Aug 30th where he stated that if you have a mayor title, you can go to a settlement and instead of "Buy" you'll get a "claim" button so I am very relieved. If you folks get a chance can you confirm it'll work for Counts and multi claims as well? Snipe or Caspian, huh?

10/9/2019 6:13:05 AM #13

Posted By Gearkhan at 03:51 AM - Wed Oct 09 2019

I've been continuing my google-foo and I found the post from Snipe on Aug 30th where he stated that if you have a mayor title, you can go to a settlement and instead of "Buy" you'll get a "claim" button so I am very relieved. If you folks get a chance can you confirm it'll work for Counts and multi claims as well? Snipe or Caspian, huh?

Claim is for the current system, buy would be for Settlers of Elyria. I can't see any reference to allowing you to buy multiple items in SoE so are you saying you currently have a count title, which you haven't used, and want to buy a county in SoE and then use the current one to "expand" it to a double county?

Count Darothar, Bleak Ark

10/9/2019 6:58:46 AM #14

Posted By Kossuth at 12:13 AM - Wed Oct 09 2019

Posted By Gearkhan at 03:51 AM - Wed Oct 09 2019

Claim is for the current system, buy would be for Settlers of Elyria. I can't see any reference to allowing you to buy multiple items in SoE so are you saying you currently have a count title, which you haven't used, and want to buy a county in SoE and then use the current one to "expand" it to a double county?

My post above already clarified all this.

You can claim during settlers of Elyria. It was already confirmed. He is a double count looking to place his double county.