COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Our settlement layout and terrain.

So, I know the map was generated, I know villages where generated based on the resources.

But I'm wondering, will we get a map of out settlement layout. If so when?

Also I am on a mountain, I'm interested in knowing if I am in a valley, cliff, escarpment or down by the river.

So is there any clue when we might get any of this information? I need to plan out what exactly I can put in the settlement.

10/8/2019 6:41:27 PM #1

Please be aware this isn't me demanding information, just wondering when we might get it.

10/9/2019 3:09:30 AM #2

Given that you will be affecting the layout during Expo with your EP and other store bought items, it wouldn't surprise me if there was no map provided.

They've said in the past that they expect players to create maps and to keep them updated themselves.

10/9/2019 6:03:37 AM #3

Well logically we have to have a map of our own settlements at some point or expo wouldn't work. ;)

From memory the original count package also included a map of our own county.

Edit: Possibly old age is getting to me as I don't see one in my inventory.... ;)

Count Darothar, Bleak Ark

10/9/2019 7:22:12 AM #4

I honestly expect that we will have to wait till we can play CoE as something else would just create unneeded workload for the devs. Once we are able play the game the mayor+ will have their map-tables to manage the region or the already mentioned ingame map of the region.

I guess creating a map like the DSS-map but way more detailed that is displaying your personal region with every hill, alley or well and that for thousands of people would delay CoE for some years...and once the game goes live this work would be wasted as it would be outdated pretty soon.

I fear you, me and everyone else simply has to wait till we can take a look ingame...but maybe we can ask the devs to show us from time to time some regions during their streams.

Posted By Kossuth at 08:03 AM - Wed Oct 09 2019

From memory the original count package also included a map of our own county.

Take a look at the Account-Page. At the top should be visible the name of your pledge-package and by clicking at this name an overview should open what this package contains. There you might find this:

Founder's Pack

• A detailed map of your home county

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.

10/9/2019 8:02:39 AM #5

The various maps given by various packages do not include a map of the settlement you claim that i could see (happy to be corrected).

10/9/2019 8:15:19 AM #6

Posted By Kossuth at 11:03 PM - Tue Oct 08 2019

Well logically we have to have a map of our own settlements at some point or expo wouldn't work. ;)

[mild sarcasm alert]

Why wouldn't Expo work? You could just walk around to all the nearby parcels and check to see if they were part of your settlement. Something about the parcel itself should tell you.

I say this because there must be some scheme for any Gentry+ character to identify various things about a parcel before purchasing it, land table or no land table. With the lack of a UI map being displayed, and with all in-game maps being to some degree or other inaccurate and incomplete, there will have to be a way to establish where "here" is with reference to something politically and environmentally identifiable. I have no idea what this will be, but if it doesn't exist by exposition then SBS will have some problems enabling some of CoE's signature features.

10/9/2019 9:02:42 AM #7

I’d suggest that KoE might require something like settlement maps since we’ll be adding stuff to the settlements (as well as fighting wars etc). While this can all be done via a a text or flash interface it’d be nice if we could get a first look at our settlements...

Coming Soon(tm)

10/9/2019 10:44:21 AM #8

Posted By chipla at 10:02 AM - Wed Oct 09 2019

I’d suggest that KoE might require something like settlement maps since we’ll be adding stuff to the settlements (as well as fighting wars etc). While this can all be done via a a text or flash interface it’d be nice if we could get a first look at our settlements...

Thats a damn good thought, it hadn't crossed my mind. With you mentioning it, it has made me think about how they promised being able to upgrade your settlement via the interface so it makes sense

10/9/2019 2:05:16 PM #9

I hope we can move buildings around within the parcels space they are sitting on. Not delete building but just reorganize them.