COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
List of visual "Show us Your Domain" contest entries

As the name implies, the list focus on image entries of the "Show Us Your Domain" contest organised by Soulbond Studios during the Kickstarter-versary 2019.

Last edit: 2019/10/15

Added answers from SbS to Barlin's onpoint questions about contest rules.

Visuals

Grouped by server, sorted by timestamp of initial post (PDT). Since I add to remove my time difference, there might be discrepancies which creeped in. As it was a domain contest, I added kingdoms to help pinpoint locations.

Angelica (NA-W)

Luna (NA-E)

Selene (EU)

Oceanus (OCE)

Others

Either by ignorance of the realms or lack of information, there are some entries I couldn't place on a particular server.

Both visual and writing

There were some rule clarifications (see quotes in the next section) that only one category would be judged, since some contestants provided both. Nonetheless I put them in their special category though it has no impact on the contest.

Contest rules

Explained in "We're celebrating our Kickstarter-versary!" by Serpentius (2019/09/16).

@Serpentius: During first three weeks of the Kickstarter-versary, any player who has claimed a domain of any size can participate in a contest to "Show us your Domain" - We will accept a short (750 words or less) story about your domain, or an image that depicts your domain in some way. Over the last week of the kickstarter-verary, we will judge the entrants and choose a winner and a runner up for each server from both categories (Stories and imagery). The winners from each category will receive 5000 EP to use to improve their domains and they'll be granted a unique gift from the team in the form of a monument that can be placed in their domain, affecting the domain in a positive way that is themed to the entrant's submission! This is, in essence, a mini-design experience, though the studio is going to pick the monument's final form and its unique benefit. The runners-up in each category will receive 5000 EP to use to improve their domains as well!

To enter post your submission in the fan media forum with "[Show Us Your Domain]" at the start of your post's title. And, please, observe the limit of one entry per domain or settlement holder.

Update 10/4/2019: Since some of you haven't chosen your domains yet and have voiced your desire to participate in this contest, we are extending the cut off for submitting your entries 7 days from the last submission deadline. This sets the new deadline to submit your entry to Monday, October 14th at midnight pacific time.

More technical points by Snipehunter (2019/09/18) while answering Barlin's questions.

@Barlin: can someone from SBS please clarify the rules ?

• image size

@Snipehunter: Any image size will be accepted, however, from personal experience I can tell you that posting very large images on the web to be viewed in the browser can result in images not being able to be loaded. While it is not a requirement, limiting your images to 2kx2k or lower (or even targeting 1080p [1920x1080]) resolution will help to guarantee no technical issues get in the way of your submission.

• files - pics like jpg, png ect or videos of 3d rendered stuff too ?

The expectation is static images (PNGs, JPGs, GIFs) not videos, but they can be hand drawn, 3D rendered, or whatever process you prefer to generate them.

• does it need to be our settlement, if so does it have to contain the infos about the surroundings on the map, ressources ect (so could someone with a hrothi settlement in the middle of the mountains withou any trees make a picture of a settlement in the middle of a forest without any mountains nearby ?)

We want to hear about your domain or settlement, but that doesn't mean your entry can't include the things around your domain that give it its character, but your entry should reflect your domain and where it is in Elyria.

• what about the people that still need to claim ? they don t know what they will end up with- so if they choose at the end of the mayor week or even later, doesn t that mean they have at least 1 week less time since someone else might take the settlement and they might end up in another biome

That does mean they'll have less time, unfortunately.

• only around 10-20% of the people in europe have english as their first language. how are the other 80-90% supposed to compete in writing ?

Unfortunately, we don't have the resources necessary to translate non-english submissions for judging. In a perfect world, we would be able to accept entries in other languages, but as it stands, we just don't have the capacity to make that happen.

Still by Snipehunter (2019/09/24), a little week later, an extra precision about word cap and singling one category only.

@Snipehunter: The word count is a hard 750 word cap, as a man who likes his words, I can definitely say I feel the pain I'm sure some of you are feeling hearing that.

If you include images and words in your submission, be sure to clearly state which criteria you wish to be judged on, the words, or the images. You cannot submit an entry for both categories.

Lore

I didn't parse them specifically during the past weeks, so I don't have a listing to start from, and it would take a lot of more time without the right tools.

Thankfully, other community members will come to the rescue, starting with the list of OCE entries (of both kinds) by ProfoundRice.

Later on, Vaku made his anthology of the contest entries.

Afterword

Send me a forum message or post below if you spot a missing or erroneous entry, thanks in advance. And big thumbs up and good luck to all participants.

[EU/EN/FR] An enlightened mind, a wandering soul (or vice versa) : mayor of the fair city of Aurora Beach, civil engineer by design, inscriber wanabee, outfit maker enthousiast... and editor at the Skyfall:Archives.

"May the land be fair to you." (Friend Code : 48FDFB)

10/15/2019 4:16:52 PM #1

you missed the details

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/33265/rules-show-us-your-domain#post369205

but otherwise, great post. saved me alot of time searching. thanks ! :)

10/15/2019 8:34:51 PM #2

Thank you for posting this! I was going mad trying to find them all myself.