COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Status Update

Good Morning / Afternoon / Evening

My apologies if this was posted in the wrong place or if this has already been answered previously - however I didn't know where else to possibly ask this and this is also going to be my first forum post / activity within the CoE community.

I have been very hyped about the game since I first backed CoE in 2017 - and am once again hyping myself up again for the game.

I spent most of my day trying to catch up on all the progress that has been made in the game (great job team!), but I can't really get a good grasp as to when an ETA would be for release. The primary thing that causes the confusion is that the forum sticky located here and the gamepedia article located here don't really coincide that well. I noticed that it was mentioned that S2 would be when the estimated release date would be. However from the timeline listed in both of those links it appears as though either the timeline is out of order from the actual events (prelyria for example) or there is still a lot of time and work left from release.

From what I see here, the timeline is still currently as follows:

• Domain & Settlement Selection (Currently Ongoing)
  • Pre-Alpha - Prelyria
  • Alpha 1
  • Kingdoms of Elyria
  • Design Experiences
  • Alpha 2 & Architecture Tool
  • Beta 1
  • Prologue & CoE Adventure Toolkit
  • Exposition
  • Beta 2
  • Stress Test
  • Launch

So should I assume it will be midway through the year 2020 or later perhaps, or would it be sooner than that? I don't want to come across as rude, I just don't want to be overhyped and feel let down from having too much hope.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post, and taking the time out of your day to writing a response.

10/25/2019 6:16:38 AM #1

Late 2020 is definitely more likely than midway 2020. Be prepared to go a bit beyond that. They are now making observable progress as shown in the video shiny's that show movement, dungeons, sound, etc. But there is a long way to go. Also don't expect any more public deadlines, as the devs are beginning to learn that its near impossible to hit a deadline you publicly release, and people get very upset when you do that.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

10/25/2019 6:21:59 AM #2

Posted By BioRules at 12:16 AM - Fri Oct 25 2019

Late 2020 is definitely more likely than midway 2020. Be prepared to go a bit beyond that. They are now making observable progress as shown in the video shiny's that show movement, dungeons, sound, etc. But there is a long way to go. Also don't expect any more public deadlines, as the devs are beginning to learn that its near impossible to hit a deadline you publicly release, and people get very upset when you do that.

I foresee late 2020, I just didn't want to overdue my best guess since that would end up with "yeah it'll be out by then" without any actual insight.

I have noticed any form of deadlines receive an insane amount of backlash. So thank you for giving me more insight into this and helping clarify the contradicting information.

10/25/2019 8:35:58 AM #3

My guess is, that we will start getting into the game in 2020 eventually (Alpha and/or Beta) and that we can expect the final release somewhere in 2021.

But nobody can tell what the schedule actually looks like and I doubt we will get any dates SBS is not 100% sure to hold up.

Imgur

10/25/2019 11:42:18 AM #4

Building a MMO is about a 5-7 year process. I'm actually surprised they figured they could get it done in 3, as far as i can see they are right on schedule for a 5-6 year completion.

Since it was started in 2016, early to mid 2021 would be the earliest I would expect to see this game launch and late 2022 at the latest. However being a Aphla 2 backer im hoping to get a crack at it as soon as Q2-Q3 2020.

But, that being said id rather they take the time and make a game I can enjoy and play for 10+ years then have another fallout 76 or anthem on our hands.

10/26/2019 6:44:12 AM #5

All Pure speculation, The major issue id the serious lack of communication in regards to any timeline period. The game was supposed to be in a playable state 12 months ago, but had a last minutes Graphics Engine Scrap. Everyone says the core mechanics were kept and it was just a graphics engine change but if that were the case why are we what still appears to 8 to 12 months from a playable state 12 months later.

i'm not trying to be a hater or negative but the Devs really need to communicate clear timeline goal, they obviously have enough time to build cash store items and take money.

10/26/2019 9:24:35 AM #6

I think its time for an official new development and status uipdate.

Life is too short to play bad games.

11/20/2019 6:50:14 PM #7

Posted By Jeddak at 08:44 AM - Sat Oct 26 2019

All Pure speculation, The major issue id the serious lack of communication in regards to any timeline period. The game was supposed to be in a playable state 12 months ago, but had a last minutes Graphics Engine Scrap. Everyone says the core mechanics were kept and it was just a graphics engine change but if that were the case why are we what still appears to 8 to 12 months from a playable state 12 months later.

i'm not trying to be a hater or negative but the Devs really need to communicate clear timeline goal, they obviously have enough time to build cash store items and take money.

The truth is hard, but I fully agreed. No communication from the beginning. I´m really starting tho think this was a waste of money.
This i found on the official sit "The projected release date is in the second half of 2019"

Either nobody cares of this or it is a lie

11/20/2019 7:43:36 PM #8

Posted By BioRules at 11:16 PM - Thu Oct 24 2019

"Movement, Dungeons, Sound" are some of the most basic things you can do in Unreal.

A team of six can complete it in a week or so with Blueprints in UE4. We've seen little to no progress on the more advaned systems like AI, Construction or even Souls

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

11/22/2019 1:42:36 AM #9

Posted By Shinduke - Wed Nov 20 2019

The truth is hard, but I fully agreed. No communication from the beginning. I´m really starting tho think this was a waste of money.
This i found on the official sit "The projected release date is in the second half of 2019"

Either nobody cares of this or it is a lie

The devs had been notified multiple times that the info on the website is outdated. But they did not have time to update that section.

I was told there will be a big update for the web coming soon. I think that would be changed (I would prefer the date to be updated much earlier, maybe Dec-2018 tbh)

@ Zeek

We got the world maps this year, and to me that's a huge progress. Only in this year can one feel the vastness of the world and be connected to the world of Elyria the first time.

One of the most important part of MMO is the world...

Are there any examples for your "Team of 6 Unreal" 1 week product? I am curious how well it look : )

On the other hand, I do wonder, how should AI be shown? Do we need be able to interact with the AI to tell if there are any progress?

If I am not mistaken, construction is mainly about the architecture tool. Are you asking for an architecture tool for a single tribe?

For soul, I am not sure what kind of progress to expect. Cuz it is basically the development of the story engine. Mind elaborating?

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

11/22/2019 1:50:00 AM #10

@Roarer

I'm sorry, I respect that you are usually the voice of reason, but "they did not have time to update that section" just doesnt fly.

It has been inaccurate for...over a year now, I think.

They haven't had 30 minutes, in the last year, to change it to some type of "TBD" answer?

Come on.

After this long, and as many requests to update it as they have received, it's borderline willful deception.

Imgur

11/22/2019 3:29:00 AM #11

I have long since come to the conclusion that George R.R. Martin is developing the game. The similarities in excuses and false release promises are Eerily similar. I mean how many times has SBS and Martin given a date for something, have the date come and go. Then tell us they scraped something or made a change but dont worry, things will go quickly because all the old material can still be used. Then months later when it still hasn't been released, we are left wondering what happened to quicker?

11/22/2019 6:51:50 AM #12

Comparison to George R.R. Martin does not bode well. Didn't he actually finish it and it kinda sucked? Oh, wait, that was the television series and not the book series.

11/30/2019 3:39:39 AM #13

I predict Fall 2021

11/30/2019 6:36:49 PM #14

2022 is a very optimistic projection, with 2025 not being outside of reason.

People say this game has been in development for 3 years to date.

CU is a project I feel is very comparable in studio size (though making a far less ambitious game) and it will hit the seven year mark in April of 2020.

MJ says it might release by EOY 2020, but if so likely will be feature incomplete.

So yeah, 3 to 5 more years easily based on progress by similar efforts.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

12/1/2019 12:34:26 AM #15

How big is their staff? Only so much you can do with a limited staff without overworking people, even if you've all the money in the world.

Friend Code: 5AE86A