COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Tier turn comes & How many sparks?

So when my IP tier turn comes.. I can finally incarnate! But is it just with 1 character for een x amount of time or can I just use all my sparks directly when it is my turn?

"In between wrong doing ...&... right doing. There is a ...field... Let's meet over there" - Rumi

10/29/2019 7:09:05 PM #1

There are no "turns". The only way there would be turns is if there is a queue to log in.

You just spark as many souls as you have -- but they may limit the number of active characters you may have at once.

10/29/2019 11:23:30 PM #2

Hi Jumaly, When you say "when your IP turn comes", are you referencing all the talk currently about 'mayor's turn's to select" and the earlier "counts time", all being referenced as in IP order??

10/30/2019 7:51:27 AM #3

I have read somewhere about the tiers having their turn.. so I am not sure if it is only for the selecting and buying part. Because it was also written that it is because the higher tiers will have the space and time to prepare their land and infrastructure and everything (duke for example) before the next tier comes in (county for example) and will have to do their part of the responsibility and so on..

"In between wrong doing ...&... right doing. There is a ...field... Let's meet over there" - Rumi

10/30/2019 8:22:06 AM #4

The only thing currently known for influence order has come and past known as Surname reservation and domain and settlement selection. There is no currently known tier releases for anything else, especially exposition.

It is possible that they release it in tiers but then it would be based on title tiers. Not influence specifically. And nothing like that has been mentioned yet.

10/30/2019 8:34:58 AM #5

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 7:22 PM - Wed Oct 30 2019

It is possible that they release it in tiers but then it would be based on title tiers. Not influence specifically. And nothing like that has been mentioned yet.

It HAS been mentioned, but only discord conversations with Devs talking about what the options are.

10/30/2019 12:04:05 PM #6

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 09:22 AM - Wed Oct 30 2019

And nothing like that has been mentioned yet.

I believe it actually have been mentioned on more than one occasion. The earliest mention was during the kickstarter in a follow up comment by SBS (scroll a bit down in the comment section on that page):

When Exposition begins we'll begin adding people in descending order of IP. We just guarantee people access for people with $120+

Exposition got later restricted to only gentry and up however, so you absolutely must have a bloodline to enter exposition now. The idea of funneling people into exposition might still happen though, haven't seen any specific statement that this idea got scrapped (but the influence order would then only be for the non-titled gentry).

10/30/2019 8:40:43 PM #7

That was kickstarter and thus has been outdated. Its been explained multiple times on discord that they may do a "tiered" release, but that would be by title, but as it currently stands its like floodgates

10/30/2019 9:12:43 PM #8

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 1:40 PM - Wed Oct 30 2019

That was kickstarter and thus has been outdated. Its been explained multiple times on discord that they may do a "tiered" release, but that would be by title, but as it currently stands its like floodgates

Gosh, would be nice if we could cite our sources when we tell people that their information is outdated. For example:

Ambassador Program

To be conscious of the impact of your title; an Ambassador’s words carry much more weight. Therefore, an Ambassador is expected to always cite their sources, provide verifiable information, and make it clear when they are informing the community and when they are participating in speculation.

And before we get into not quoting things from discord, I would like to say that if we can't quote it from discord we shouldn't bring it to the forums as any sort of proof, and at most it should be a talking point about what the devs have recently said to be their current thoughts on the matter.

<3 ❤️😚😘🥰

10/30/2019 9:24:00 PM #9

We aren't required to cite everything we say, nor am I going to.

We can bring it to the forums as a discussion, which is what is being presented and having done. :3 so it's perfectly fine the way it is.

The devs will not be updating every little detail on the forums for it to be "official". A lot of things can and are brought to the forums as our "most recent information on a subject" as well as for open discussion. This is one of those situations where that is the most recent information on the subject.

10/30/2019 9:43:26 PM #10

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 2:24 PM - Wed Oct 30 2019

We aren't required to cite everything we say, nor am I going to.

We can bring it to the forums as a discussion, which is what is being presented and having done. :3 so it's perfectly fine the way it is.

The devs will not be updating every little detail on the forums for it to be "official". A lot of things can and are brought to the forums as our "most recent information on a subject" as well as for open discussion. This is one of those situations where that is the most recent information on the subject.

I'm so glad that you and your alt accounts agree with you Violet, but I would like to see some accountability at some point.

You can't simply state something as fact dismissing the valid quotes and evidence others have brought to the table because it disagrees with you and then say that you know the current state of affairs all the while refusing to cite any sort of source. The closest I can find to a source suggesting exposition access will be granted by title is an unofficial comment by caspian in discord where he himself says he's not sure the current status on that decision, and it's from February.

If you want to correct outdated information, great. If you want to add to a discussion, great. But if you want to tell someone they are wrong, which is something you seem keen to do with added vitriol for flavor, and you consistently refuse to cite any sources, frankly I don't think you deserve the ambassador title you are so proud of.

My humble 2 cents on the matter anyways.

10/30/2019 9:48:07 PM #11

Oke here is the part i dont understand totally and where my question is related to:

This is accomplished by allowing each tier of influence - Nobility, Aristocracy, and Gentry, enter Exposition by their level of influence (Tier 12 with 100,000 influence enters before a tier 11 with 50,000 or even 99,999 influence, etcetera). This allows each tier to have an amount of time correlating to their tier level to use their EP for world building. For example, a count needs time to fairly distribute land plots for the gentry who will use their Ep to claim land. Thus, gentry won't be able to claim land around the settlement to force the mayor to purchase the land and weaken the financial state of the settlement. This is to make sure the mechanics are less exploitable.

https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Exposition

10/30/2019 9:49:31 PM #12

I don't have any alt accounts ^.^ Glad to see that others agree with me though.

I'm not dismissing them because I disagree with them (: Thats just how it is. Its been stated various times that it is no longer the case.

Just because it hasn't been posted on the forums in an official matter to satisfy your interest in calling out an ambassador for answering questions doesn't mean that it is incorrect or not valid information to the topic of discussion.

The answer to the poster is that the discussion currently is:

A decision between floodgates and title tiered release.

And the other answer to the question is that you can spark into as many characters as you have souls up to the limitation they will possibly put on the account for active souls at once.

Appreciate your input :3

10/30/2019 9:55:08 PM #13

Theyre still working on the mechanics around purchasing land during exposition. They want to be able to allow people to purchase land -- but only in clumps, but people want to be able to purchase in multiple domains, so it wouldn't be in clumps. Some want to purchase land to help out the mayor and with the mayors approval.

There are many key factors that go into the decisions for that aspect of exposition and absolutely nothing is set in stone for it yet.

The Wiki is run by the community, and contains a lot of since outdated information -- including information from the kickstarter page. We're doing our best with the information we have but we aren't allowed to change or add information on the wiki unless it has an "official" source which is very restricting for wiki.