COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
So many open spots on maps

I was looking over the domain maps... specifically Luna.. and am noticing that there are so so many open counties, settlements and even duchies. Weren't all the duchies, counties, and towns selected... is this due to low participation?

10/31/2019 11:26:16 AM #1

Why don't you grab a spot? :)

The participation is great, but the empty spots are there because nobody knew how big the map was gonna be and for security they removed the noble pledges. You wouldn't want to buy a spot that is not there. And we should leave open spots to fight over.

We in Europe have a complete empty kingdom to fight over. It's gonna be one big battle royale, Unless some one buys it in the last minute. In that case we will have a king to fight with.

10/31/2019 11:56:04 AM #2

DSS isn't the end of it for spot selections either, there is the reverse auction coming up and after that titles will still be up for sale.

10/31/2019 11:58:16 AM #3

Good thing we still have 2+ more years, at a minimum, for people to fill up those spots.

Imgur

10/31/2019 12:29:42 PM #4

Just to add to what everyone else is saying, not everyone wants to have responsibilities either. Being a count or higher may not work for some play styles. If you want to be a traveler or an adventure you may not be easy to run a county from the other side of the world.

10/31/2019 3:02:38 PM #5

Posted By Ilyria at 07:26 AM - Thu Oct 31 2019

Why don't you grab a spot? :)

The participation is great, but the empty spots are there because nobody knew how big the map was gonna be and for security they removed the noble pledges. You wouldn't want to buy a spot that is not there. And we should leave open spots to fight over.

We in Europe have a complete empty kingdom to fight over. It's gonna be one big battle royale, Unless some one buys it in the last minute. In that case we will have a king to fight with.

Grabbing a spot is what I plan on doing... just have to wait it out.

10/31/2019 3:04:54 PM #6

Posted By Ineluki at 07:56 AM - Thu Oct 31 2019

DSS isn't the end of it for spot selections either, there is the reverse auction coming up and after that titles will still be up for sale.

Im very much looking forward to it... I want to upgrade... I completely missed buying a title before they left the marketplace.

10/31/2019 4:11:36 PM #7

Also quite a few of those open domain might not come up for sale as SBS will want that to be NPC controlled thus allowing new players the opportunity to more readily transition into nobility.

10/31/2019 7:51:47 PM #8

There are people saying "all the good spots have been taken and there's nothing left for others" and then there's the "so many empty spots, must mean lack of interest".

I dont think there's any maliciousness behind those two comments, but you have to wonder on what basis the devs can come out ahead with those two mindsets.

There's high participation, and there's plenty of space left.

Remember, this is a very specific phase of the games lifecycle. All that matters is that enough players play it at launch to provide the required gameplay and dynamics. At the moment you only have a very specific group following the game and claiming settlements and domains on the map.

Most players will be citizens, business owners, crafters and adventurers. Currently there's no visibility on the map for those people, only the nobility. And the nobility are a much smaller subset of the current whole by necessity and definition.

11/1/2019 12:09:56 AM #9

Posted By captrench at 3:51 PM - Thu Oct 31 2019

There are people saying "all the good spots have been taken and there's nothing left for others" and then there's the "so many empty spots, must mean lack of interest".

I dont think there's any maliciousness behind those two comments, but you have to wonder on what basis the devs can come out ahead with those two mindsets.

There's high participation, and there's plenty of space left.

Remember, this is a very specific phase of the games lifecycle. All that matters is that enough players play it at launch to provide the required gameplay and dynamics. At the moment you only have a very specific group following the game and claiming settlements and domains on the map.

Most players will be citizens, business owners, crafters and adventurers. Currently there's no visibility on the map for those people, only the nobility. And the nobility are a much smaller subset of the current whole by necessity and definition.

My original post was asking out of curiosity (because I haven't been following like I should have been for the last couple years)because I'm happy there are a lot of places still left to chose from... I wasn't saying anything negative

11/4/2019 10:28:25 AM #10

No one thinks you were saying anything negative. There are some areas where settlements are mostly taken so selection for those that came at the end of DDS didn't have much to chose from, especially if they wanted to be close to friends and guild mates. Other places have a lot to choose from... It really came down to where you wanted to be and what server you're on. I hope you can find a great place to settle down in 🤓

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.