COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Settlement Selection

I have some questions about settlement selection. I don't know much about the game. I would like to claim a hamlet for me and a group of my friends but I have some questions.

•I don't know what I need to buy to be able to claim a hamlet.

•As the owner of hamlet what kind of power do I have?

•Can someone just come and settle to my hamlet or people need my permission to settle ?

•Do I need atleast 10 people settled in my hamlet or just accommodation?

11/16/2019 9:59:53 PM #1
  • You can only claim a hamlet if you already have a mayor title, something that is no longer available for purchase. Your only bet at this point would be to have a bloodline or higher pledge package and to get a title during the Settlers of Elyria event.

• You would have power as basically the chief executive of that settlement

• Yes, people can spark into existing characters in your settlement unless they are all claimed by people you know already, if someone wants to come settle in your hamlet they would need somewhere to stay which you would have some influence over as the "executive" of that settlement.

• Having a certain number of people in your hamlet is a requirement to Create said hamlet. If you claim one then it is assumed it already meets these requirements, and until sparked into the population will be made of npcs. For more info on establishing settlements you can click here and read the portion that outlines "Aristocracy & Establishing Settlements"

11/16/2019 10:09:23 PM #2

Thanks a lot! I guess I will be waiting for Settlers of Elyria.

11/16/2019 10:14:52 PM #3

On a more serious note, I notice you have no rank yet in the forums, therefore likely don't have a bloodline+ pledge package. I just want to make sure to stress this requirement now so you aren't asking what's going on later.

11/16/2019 10:30:53 PM #4

Yeah as Labbe says " Don't forget to buy your Gentry level pledge package " before settlers of Elyria begins. And lock in your server. You'll need that package to then be able to claim a domain during SOE.