COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
More mann-like beasts (goblins?)

First off, I know the bestiary is not complete and more are bound to be made, I'm just hoping to share my ideas through this post... I'd really like to see intelligent, non player and mann-like beasts for adventurers to have to slay. One example could be CoE's own version of goblins, small and weak creatures that commonly live in their own village huts in forests, they won't be as rare as the other fantasy-leaning beasts since they are much more insignificant, they'd wield weapons and wear armor/clothing like the tribes. They can be seen hunting fauna in packs, they attack nearby villages in their zone therefor creating quests for adventurers to protect villages from their attacks, as well as quests to exterminate the goblins and their hamlets from that zone.

discord insaned#6905

11/29/2019 6:50:11 AM #1

beastkin? cute humanoids with cat ears?

11/29/2019 6:53:13 AM #2

Posted By Avastar at 01:50 AM - Fri Nov 29 2019

beastkin? cute humanoids with cat ears?

absolutely not, we already have the adorable kypic

discord insaned#6905

11/29/2019 1:42:39 PM #3

Anthropoid frog people who live in the marshes and use mesolithic/neolithic technology like stone/bone tipped spears and bows made of great reeds.

11/29/2019 5:10:53 PM #4

Considering that the different permiatations of the species of mann are mixed with other lesser Qin like Mann & Terra = Neran it is probably a safe bet that the other gods have mixed with each other and will produce many different creatures.

They have mentioned vampires, giants, and a few other mythical creatures like serpentaurs so it is safe to assume that there will be mannoid beasts to fight.

It is also likely that many of them will exist underground for us to tunnel into or on the adventure islands, or on the other continents. So know that there is much promise to see such things in game.

As much as they make this game look like a medieval simulation it is far from it.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

11/29/2019 6:35:04 PM #5

Posted By Melkar at 12:10 PM - Fri Nov 29 2019

They have mentioned vampires, giants, and a few other mythical creatures like serpentaurs so it is safe to assume that there will be mannoid beasts to fight.

Those are rare and even mythical like you said, the point of the post was to have humanoid beasts to fight that are more common and insignificant, any average adventurer could kill a few, instead of powerful vampires or giants that most people will go entire lifetimes without ever even seeing.

discord insaned#6905

11/29/2019 6:43:38 PM #6

Posted By Khazad at 08:42 AM - Fri Nov 29 2019

Anthropoid frog people who live in the marshes and use mesolithic/neolithic technology like stone/bone tipped spears and bows made of great reeds.

Those sound perfect, would be cool for groups of lesser monsters (the goblin-like people and the frog people) to fight over domain of a small zone as they become competitive over food, and seeing the effect they will have on their ecosystem. Just throwing off ideas

discord insaned#6905

11/30/2019 9:09:06 PM #7

Posted By Insaned at 12:35 PM - Fri Nov 29 2019

Posted By Melkar at 12:10 PM - Fri Nov 29 2019

Those are rare and even mythical like you said, the point of the post was to have humanoid beasts to fight that are more common and insignificant, any average adventurer could kill a few, instead of powerful vampires or giants that most people will go entire lifetimes without ever even seeing.

I am just pointing out that there IS humanoid monster creatures. And like anything in the game they belong to an ecosystem which if they are the apex predator will help them breed more.

If there is a colony of giants on another continent what is stopping them from growing their population against lesser permakillable NPCs? Or sailing across the sea in massive ships?

If there is 12 races of mann there are likely other races that arent playable as well on the adventure islands or distant far off continents. If there is nothing to fight but mann on adventure islands its not much of an adventure.

Or if not well mann is the monsters and we will have to deal with that when all the small numbers of "rare/legendary creatures are killed of and extincted. There will surely be something that will need to exist to break up the pvp and there is a 10 year story after all.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

11/30/2019 9:31:32 PM #8

Posted By Insaned at 12:43 PM - Fri Nov 29 2019

Posted By Khazad at 08:42 AM - Fri Nov 29 2019

Those sound perfect, would be cool for groups of lesser monsters (the goblin-like people and the frog people) to fight over domain of a small zone as they become competitive over food, and seeing the effect they will have on their ecosystem. Just throwing off ideas

The dras already use that type of tech in the swamps and marshes, wooden swords coated in sharp stones, and stone tipped spears etc as they have very little metal