COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
What is that thing in the mIddle of the water?

Greetings,

When you first go to CoE web site, you will notice scenes from CoE.

If you don't click on anything and just keep watching the scenes you will eventally see a village in distance with a river running through it.. if you look closely you will see something in the water with three flashing bright lights on top of it...

At first I thought it was a water-well but then was puzzled by the shape of the dome-like forming on top of the "water-well" with three flashing bright lights (so it seems) at the center off top of it. At this point I doubt it is a water-well.

The three flashing bright lights is what has me puzzled considering the era we are suppose to be in... And before you say it; am pretty sure it is not a sunlight reflection!

It is not a Magical Portal? is it?

Also, whatever it is (either a water-well or be it a portal); it is in a very odd place... right in the middle of the water so it seems.

Anyone, noticed it and knows what that is exactly?

"I'd rather die standing than live on my knees."

12/2/2019 1:40:30 PM #1

Hey, sorry to disappoint but indeed, it's a well X) It may be a metallic structure over the well, hence the light reflection.

And, actually, there is no river running through a well... It's just a path. Look at the concept art for this village, it's a bit rotated but you can see the well on the right.

Concept art

12/3/2019 10:17:57 AM #2

This concept art for the village looks very similar to the one that I am referring to in the video but sorry to say it is not the same village. The one in the video clearly shows two Pine trees near the middle tower.

Also in the video the mountains are covered in snow. So is a different village and different season. not same as this village and this concept art at all. Whatever it is that am seeing they might have decided to remove it or maybe we find out once in game. As I said before, what I am referring to is in the video that is played once you come to CoE web site.

12/3/2019 10:45:01 AM #3

If you open the video in a new page/window you can stop the video at the 20th sec. Just for easier comparison here is an image from the video:

I think it's the same village at winter from another angle, but a bit changed since the concept art.
What you referred as a river seems to melting snow and the object is just a well reflecting the sunlight. At least for me.

12/4/2019 11:30:34 AM #4

Once again, thank you both for replies,

Between the two of you I am satisfied that it is a well. I guess the constant sunlight glow on the well (in the video) is what got me curious and doubtful. Never seen a water-well shine that much :)

12/4/2019 11:32:50 AM #5

I thought the same thing when i first saw it. the sun glints off the roof of the well just right to make it look magical