COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Discords of Elyria

Discords of Elyria is down, I repeat Discords of Elyria is down! Check Discords official twitter feed for updates so you can get back to communicating with your fellow Elyrians as soon as they have resolved the issue :)

12/7/2019 9:36:34 PM #1

Discord going down has made me realize 2 very important things.

1, I spend way more time watching CoE channels on there than I thought.

2, Once we get in game I need to have some emergency communication options set up in game so the front lines don't collapse when discord crashes :P

12/7/2019 9:44:17 PM #2

Posted By Labbe at 2:36 PM - Sat Dec 07 2019

Discord going down has made me realize 2 very important things.

1, I spend way more time watching CoE channels on there than I thought.

2, Once we get in game I need to have some emergency communication options set up in game so the front lines don't collapse when discord crashes :P

Agreed. An emergency backup form of communication would be invaluable at all levels of gameplay.

12/7/2019 10:31:39 PM #3

UPDATE: Discord is back up! Round of applause for all of you who stuck with it!

12/8/2019 8:32:00 AM #4

An hour and twenty minutes without Discord!

I wonder what will happen when a similar outage happens when the game is live? Will SBS pause all servers because the default means of inter-player meta-communication no longer functions? Or will it instead risk the wrath of the meta-communication-dependent segment of its community by keeping the servers running during the outage?

[Yes this is rather snarky.]

12/8/2019 8:34:46 AM #5

Posted By Poldano at 7:32 PM - Sun Dec 08 2019

An hour and twenty minutes without Discord!

I wonder what will happen when a similar outage happens when the game is live? Will SBS pause all servers because the default means of inter-player meta-communication no longer functions? Or will it instead risk the wrath of the meta-communication-dependent segment of its community by keeping the servers running during the outage?

[Yes this is rather snarky.]

The smart meta communities have backup communication channels =D

12/8/2019 1:42:52 PM #6

Something tells me we need a better PACE plan then what we have. I'm guessing our alternate is IRC? :D (Good ol' days)

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

12/8/2019 2:06:14 PM #7

Posted By HuldricFranconian at 12:42 AM - Mon Dec 09 2019

Something tells me we need a better PACE plan then what we have. I'm guessing our alternate is IRC? :D (Good ol' days)

The irc still exists https://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ChroniclesofElyria

12/8/2019 2:29:03 PM #8

And down again. Hopefully this doesn't happen when the game is live. Wondering what's going on with discord. Normally it's pretty reliable and doesn't go down often.

12/8/2019 3:30:29 PM #9

If you want some information about what's going on with Discord and updates about the repairing, you can go on this website https://status.discordapp.com/

Basically the big failure we experienced yesterday was a problem with Google Cloud servers, which Discord uses.

12/8/2019 7:14:03 PM #10

Oh the horrors...

Poor Meta-Gamers...

Makes sad face.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!