COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Pre-Alpha

Caspian announced in Jan 2018 that Pre-alpha would be released on May 22, 2018.

Caspian continued to announce it was "ready to go" right up till 4 days before release (May 18, 2018), then decided to not release it citing "quality".

Yes, even after saying it was "ready to go" just days before it's release. Mind you, this was during a money raising event, only after it was over did he announce it was not releasing on the May 22, 2018.

There is nothing being shown or discussed. This is disturbing considering the recently released "Movement" video by SnipeHunter that a Jr programmer could of made over a long week fueled by Mtn Dew and Cheetos.

Major Red Flags of mismanagement.

Do with this information as you will, spread it around to your friends who are thinking of backing, or to those thinking they might want to spend more money on this Fiasco.

Good Luck.

Moderator edit: Removed NDA violation & misinformation

If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization. -Robert Noyce

12/23/2019 11:37:02 PM #1

Discord me immediately, Zeek#9476 (Don't condone the XA access tho just wanna talk to you)

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

12/24/2019 12:09:30 AM #2

Chronicles of Fallout 76, is going to be good game why you haf to be so mad

12/24/2019 12:48:02 AM #3

Walking and talking was not fit for Elyrian consumption. At least we could have had some cool graphics to chill and chat in but missed op if you ask me.

Supposedly the Pre-Elyria style is there to rapidly intergrate new content quickly and with 1 years worth of development you would think by their metrics they would be like 2 years ahead of the game with how they like to boast about it.

The one thing I find absolutely amusing about the whole situation is that Caspian is a perfectionist who will never release the game and also that any time they do decide to release something it blows up in their face so there is that.

Who really knows how much longer it will take to even see Pre-Alpha 1 maybe 2 years from now? How would we even know it was ready with all these test maps and 6 room dungeons or the concept art or random screenshots of actual items.

It almost feels like they started over when they canceled the Pre-Alpha.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

12/24/2019 12:59:50 AM #4

I can't believe I am the one saying this, but everyone just chill.

Caspian has been saying for a bit now that they have some exciting news to share for 2020, and that we will be getting playable content to test.

This setback with Settlers of Elyria has obviously thrown a wrench in things, but let's wait and see what the State of Elyria post has to say, and what they have coming in 2020.

If it all ends up being smoke and mirrors again, I will be right there with you with the torches.

However, we should probably at least give them a chance to prove what they have been talking about.

Imgur

12/24/2019 1:02:25 AM #5

Posted By Marovec at 11:59 AM - Tue Dec 24 2019

Caspian has been saying for a bit now that they have some exciting news to share for 2020, and that we will be getting playable content to test.

Curious where he has been saying this

Also surprised you are taking him at his word. He has really said that line for ages now. What makes you so sure next year will be any different?

12/24/2019 1:03:32 AM #6

You mean like the past 3 years+ to prove they weren't talking out of there lower end?

everything is "exciting news" because they never gave us anything to begin with.

12/24/2019 1:04:40 AM #7

Posted By Marovec at 7:59 PM - Mon Dec 23 2019

I can't believe I am the one saying this, but everyone just chill.

This setback with Settlers of Elyria has obviously thrown a wrench in things, but let's wait and see what the State of Elyria post has to say, and what they have coming in 2020.

If it all ends up being smoke and mirrors again, I will be right there with you with the torches.

However, we should probably at least give them a chance to prove what they have been talking about.

I have read what he says about being excited. If you go back to last year and the beginning of this year it mirrors just a different year put in. I'll give sbs another year before I lose all faith. If we don't even see the start of alpha by dec 31st 2020, I will call it a failure and/or sham. Till then I will be hanging on by some thin threads.

12/24/2019 1:06:35 AM #8

everything COE has provided as proof of a game existing is less than indie developers produce in a years worth of work.

12/24/2019 1:11:54 AM #9

@Gunn

In Discord. Yeah, I get it, it's not official, but he has been saying it.

@Visarius & Legend

You guys should both know I am aware of this. I have commented on it numerous times, here and in discord, for years. I have shouted it at the heavens, pissed off the studio and numerous community members, and probably have a permanent mark on my account to have my settlement buried in an earthquake or something...

All I am saying is that despite the glaring issues in the past, and the repetition of assurances we have seen fall flat, we give them this last chance.

They have had 18-ish months to flesh out the pre-alpha build. They have hired more people. They have showcased small glimpses at some systems.

Everything is there for them to deliver. I can't imagine Caspian would be hyping up 2020 without being able to produce something that warrants some degree of "faith restored", given I am certain he is well aware of the consequences.

I'm just saying give them one last chance - it's not like you are going to get your money back either way.

;)

Imgur

12/24/2019 1:14:30 AM #10

Posted By Marovec at 5:11 PM - Mon Dec 23 2019

@Gunn

@Visarius & Legend

You guys should both know I am aware of this. I have commented on it numerous times, here and in discord, for years. I have shouted it at the heavens, pissed off the studio and numerous community members, and probably have a permanent mark on my account to have my settlement buried in an earthquake or something...

All I am saying is that despite the glaring issues in the past, and the repetition of assurances we have seen fall flat, we give them this last chance.

They have had 18-ish months to flesh out the pre-alpha build. They have hired more people. They have showcased small glimpses at some systems.

Everything is there for them to deliver. I can't imagine Caspian would be hyping up 2020 without being able to produce something that warrants some degree of "faith restored", given I am certain he is well aware of the consequences.

I'm just saying give them one last chance - it's not like you are going to get your money back either way.

;)

How come you get praise for the same views I have... >:( jk

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

12/24/2019 1:15:03 AM #11

"I'm just saying give them one last chance - it's not like you are going to get your money back either way."

If you bring a companies piss poor ethics to light anyone who researches a game will avoid spending money on the dumpster fire.

12/24/2019 1:15:18 AM #12

Posted By Marovec at 02:11 AM - Tue Dec 24 2019

@Gunn

@Visarius & Legend

You guys should both know I am aware of this. I have commented on it numerous times, here and in discord, for years. I have shouted it at the heavens, pissed of the studio and numerous community members, and probably have a permanent mark on my account to have my settlement buried in an earthquake or something...

;)

He hyped 2019... look how that went...

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately

12/24/2019 1:20:16 AM #13

Posted By Marovec at 12:11 PM - Tue Dec 24 2019

@Gunn

That's just what Caspian does. He hypes people up. He always does it. He teased discord about "a few surprises coming next week". No doubt putting pressure on his team not to completely fuck it up. Yet if one surprise was SoE, I'm curious what the others were and why they didn't happen. It really seems like he can't help himself. Which always seem to blow up in his face. So yeah, until I see something, not going to believe him at face value.

12/24/2019 1:20:44 AM #14

@Zeek

Lol, while I know quite a few people who agree with me, I wouldn't say I get praise in this forum, quite the opposite.

Also, I am not sure how you think what I described about pissing everyone off amounts to praise.

@Anatar

I am aware...I am oh so very aware.

I am still saying...give it one more chance.

Imgur

12/24/2019 1:23:11 AM #15

Posted By Gunnlang at 8:20 PM - Mon Dec 23 2019

Posted By Marovec at 12:11 PM - Tue Dec 24 2019

@Gunn

That's just what Caspian does. He hypes people up. He always does it. He teased discord about "a few surprises coming next week". No doubt putting pressure on his team not to completely fuck it up. Yet if one surprise was SoE, I'm curious what the others were and why they didn't happen. It really seems like he can't help himself. Which always seem to blow up in his face. So yeah, until I see something, not going to believe him at face value.

I am not suggesting you believe him. Frankly, at this point, I don't.

I am suggesting we hold off on the crusade for a few more months, and give him a chance to redeem himself.

The funny thing about change is that you have to be given the opportunity to do it.

Yeah, I get it...this isn't the first opportunity they have had to change.

I'm just saying...what does one more time really hurt?

Imgur