COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Settelers

You know, I was thinking that we may not see Settlers for a very long time. I say that because behind it all Settlers was a money making venture for SBS. With the current atmosphere in the community not at it's greatest and only getting worse why would they release a money making venture until the mood around here changes? And the only way the mood around here changes for the better is if they release something fairly big that actually works. If they release Settlers now they will only raise a fraction of the money they would have if they had released it in December or earlier as planned.

1/24/2020 7:45:27 AM #1

Ideally, I agree.

But with finite money and new hires joining can they afford to hold off until they recover customer confidence in the community?

1/24/2020 8:20:40 AM #2

Don't rate the mood of the whole community according to the mood of the most frequent commentators here. They might represent it quite well, or they might not. It's entirely possible that a substantial portion of the community will engage with SoE quite heartily, despite all the (justifiable) negativity, simply because it is a chance to participate in the domains game at a lower price point than otherwise.

Personally, I thought the December start of SoE was the wrong time, not because of likely malfunction, but because of the distraction of the seasonal holidays.

1/24/2020 9:09:52 PM #3

Only a handful of people are squeaking about having low confidence. I hope they don't get the grease..

1/24/2020 9:52:54 PM #4

Posted By Avastar at 4:09 PM - Fri Jan 24 2020

Only a handful of people are squeaking about having low confidence. I hope they don't get the grease..

The rest just checked out...

Apathy is far more dangerous than criticism. The people here being critical are still engaged.

The people that just walked away...not so much.

Imgur

1/24/2020 11:15:40 PM #5

I am not buying the only a handful argument. In my Kingdom on discord SBS is made fun of on a regular basis and most of the people in my Duchy don't even come on here any more.

1/24/2020 11:27:43 PM #6

Posted By RedDoggybone at 10:15 AM - Sat Jan 25 2020

I am not buying the only a handful argument. In my Kingdom on discord SBS is made fun of on a regular basis and most of the people in my Duchy don't even come on here any more.

Please tell everyone which kingdom you belong to, you know, put some more power behind your words. Because if I said that people would reply with "Wow you are an Aussie, like we care about the whole 3 of you". As they normally reply like. But if you happen to belong to a massive NA kingdom, well makes it mean more.

1/24/2020 11:50:42 PM #7

Posted By Gunnlang at 6:27 PM - Fri Jan 24 2020

Posted By RedDoggybone at 10:15 AM - Sat Jan 25 2020

Please tell everyone which kingdom you belong to, you know, put some more power behind your words. Because if I said that people would reply with "Wow you are an Aussie, like we care about the whole 3 of you". As they normally reply like. But if you happen to belong to a massive NA kingdom, well makes it mean more.

Could get him kicked out of his kingdom though, some "kings" have been known to do that in the past. Exercise caution.

1/25/2020 2:28:45 AM #8

I dont want to be specific as too which kingdom I belong to. I am not in fear of being kicked out but more the people saying things may not want it to come to light. But I am not an Aussie.

1/25/2020 4:00:40 AM #9

Posted By HolyAvengerOne at 10:50 AM - Sat Jan 25 2020

Could get him kicked out of his kingdom though, some "kings" have been known to do that in the past. Exercise caution.

Haha what? Are some kings immature kids? "Oh no someone said something I don't agree with, better remove them from my kingdom". Yeah I don't believe that.

1/25/2020 5:47:56 AM #10

Posted By Gunnlang at 11:00 PM - Fri Jan 24 2020

Posted By HolyAvengerOne at 10:50 AM - Sat Jan 25 2020

Haha what? Are some kings immature kids? "Oh no someone said something I don't agree with, better remove them from my kingdom". Yeah I don't believe that.

Have you been paying attention to King Donald firing one of his ambassadors for just that? Lol. I mean literally. They have it on tape.

1/25/2020 11:11:01 PM #11

King Donald is located in Washington DC.

So let me get this straight, I dont have to say what kingdom I am in but I am not allowed to bring up anything you dont like? When did you become a mod you of 40 odd posts? I will check with you the next time I want to say something. You can go eat hat when you try to tell me what to say.

You know so much. For your information Gunlang and i are friends and he knows full well which kingdom i am in. He was more suggesting I say it as he could of said it himself.

Talk about being triggered who is calling the kettle black? I suggest you check your own intellect before you start calling people politically incorrect names that just show your own ignorance and intolerance.

And I laugh this person is calling people names like that and some up-votes him. LOL

1/26/2020 2:22:47 AM #12

Posted By Sir_Pen at 09:39 AM - Sun Jan 26 2020

Gunnlang no one has to state which kingdom and domain and whatever they have to. They don't have to put more power to their words. You're just triggered. I mean you haven't said anything about which discord you belong to and you havent' said that "Oh my discord isn't like that"

Haha what the fuck are you talking about? I plainly said I'm Aussie, so that should narrow down which kingdom I belong to easy enough for you. Also many different times in different threads and on discord I have said I'm not in any kingdom discord. Plainly don't like how much drama happens in them. Doesn't mean I'm not in a kingdom though.

But good to know you have to resort to insulting me to make a point. Interesting you also insult Red when you seem to be defending him.

1/26/2020 4:52:58 AM #13

Ah.... the both of you are emotionally charged and logically challenged. You clearly ignored the points that I stated because you have no way of challenging them nor refuting them, and are now resorting to Ad Hominems. I clearly don't really need to point out the misconceptions that either of you have.

I'll kindly leave now to leave you two challenged people alone to shimmer down.

Count of Free Plains, the County whose focus is to create a central home for mercenaries

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34856/New-County-offers-as-its-main-Industry-a-Hub-for-Hires-Hub-for-PvE-PvP-Organizations-solos-groups

1/26/2020 5:00:52 AM #14

Posted By Sir_Pen at 3:52 PM - Sun Jan 26 2020

I'll kindly leave now to leave you two challenged people alone to shimmer down.

Ah yes because I'm going to even bother reading anything you say, when you always end on insulting me.

1/26/2020 6:30:44 PM #15

Not really no, I'm just leaving because you guys don't seem to know how to contribute to a debate.

The points I made

1. Is King Donald related to Elyria? If not don't bring him here. King Donald is in no relation to the relationships between the kings here in Elyria. What's the point as you've just said.
  2. No one needs to state their discord to put power to their words, and since this Gunnlar person has no interaction with a discord he wholly holds no credibility in this discord discussion.

Now you two are just butt hurt because you guys can't come up with legitimate reasoning to counter me in a debate.

Hence I'm just leaving before this turns into a crybaby fest.

Count of Free Plains, the County whose focus is to create a central home for mercenaries

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34856/New-County-offers-as-its-main-Industry-a-Hub-for-Hires-Hub-for-PvE-PvP-Organizations-solos-groups